Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

They've 2 games left. Not definitely but definitely in bother.

barnish oggie

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 06, 2023, 03:50:37 PM
They've 2 games left. Not definitely but definitely in bother.

They have 3 games left.

But the second last is away to Moneyglass who would also need the result as well to have a hope of staying up.

After Sunday things will be a lot clearer.

Ghost+Tommy

We've 3 games left,all away,so in all likelihood, we're div 2 bound

country bumpkin

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on July 06, 2023, 10:48:14 PM
We've 3 games left,all away,so in all likelihood, we're div 2 bound

Bad luck for the Hightown men if they edure relegation.....they had a good win over Cargin...with Peter Healy outstanding as was Eastwood.....they really missed the services of their 'county players..........

Would ye whist

Incidents like the one in Cookstown last night show why comments like this are at best unwise

I didn't make the game on Wednesday due to family issues, however from speaking with a few in the town I believe McDermot was not too bad on Wednesday night, it was a game that got tight and had a bit of needle from the start from what I hear and he did well to contain it. I would not be his biggest fan either due to ills he has put on us in the past, however have a bit of wit and judge every game on its merits.

Interestingly I hear we kicked about 15 wides and I do not hear you calling out our players in relation to those.....................

Time for us all to take stock boys and have a good look at ourselves, that includes myself as I have been hard on MR2 and Toland in the past

Quote from: InnocentByStander on July 06, 2023, 10:35:59 AM
Serious question, how is McDermott a senior ref?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on July 07, 2023, 09:54:52 AM
Incidents like the one in Cookstown last night show why comments like this are at best unwise

I didn't make the game on Wednesday due to family issues, however from speaking with a few in the town I believe McDermot was not too bad on Wednesday night, it was a game that got tight and had a bit of needle from the start from what I hear and he did well to contain it. I would not be his biggest fan either due to ills he has put on us in the past, however have a bit of wit and judge every game on its merits.

Interestingly I hear we kicked about 15 wides and I do not hear you calling out our players in relation to those.....................

Time for us all to take stock boys and have a good look at ourselves, that includes myself as I have been hard on MR2 and Toland in the past

Quote from: InnocentByStander on July 06, 2023, 10:35:59 AM
Serious question, how is McDermott a senior ref?

Here's the thing, and it's a personal view btw, I've no problems with passion, I've no problems with a player asking, I'll explain it, if I'm 'challenged' again it's moved forward. By the same token I've had some calls on reflection that, hmmm, maybe I could have blown or not blown, none of it is done on purpose or with malice. I really don't care who wins, it has no bearing on my day to day.

Most of the ref's are all ex players, supporters, managers, they know the craic, they are also human and make mistakes, when a player makes a mistake the manager does not start ranting at him or abuse him online, no, he goes over to him, encourages him to win the next ball and supports his next play.

The manager though or the coaches feel (not all by the way, some really decent coaches/managers out there) feels he needs to vent his frustrations at the ref, which could list a 100 phrases used in a game which just come out automatically regardless whether it's happened or not, the eyesight of some supporters is unreal from their position over 100 yards away to the refs position 5 yards away.

We are coming into the real deal part of the year, tight games with plenty at stake, preconceived views on ref's will always be there, but before you shout just take a few seconds, think about your actions, I wouldn't be surprised if there's not plenty of black cards for remonstrating with the ref and a few managers red carded and banned for few months.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Well gone the Casements, year one, developing and system and style an approach and S&C year two silverware! Possible progress in the championship (final appearance) year three championship contenders
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Big result for st brigids. Also what a year the ladies county team is having. Moneyglass and at endas in bother.

Dunsilly King

Congratulations to Casements on a first senior league title and also to their long suffering poster Bannside👏👏

imtommygunn

I think mathematically speaking only St John's and Rossa are safe. However st enda's with that score difference and moneyglass with one game left are in a fairly precarious position.

imtommygunn

St endas playing moneyglass makes it a head melt too.

Milltown Row2

Some big point differences but head to heads will make it pointless?

bannside

Thanks DK, and fair play to Creggan for staying around and respecting the occasion. Great club.

I can tell you our club makes no apology in saying we partied hard tonight, massive night in and around our social club. We completely understand this dosent necessarily translate into championship success, but PG1 will mark this down as a considerable step on our journey from division three to the top of division one.

BrendanAntrim

Just right Bannside, celebrate the good times. Congratulations

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: bannside on July 09, 2023, 11:30:45 PM
Thanks DK, and fair play to Creggan for staying around and respecting the occasion. Great club.

I can tell you our club makes no apology in saying we partied hard tonight, massive night in and around our social club. We completely understand this dosent necessarily translate into championship success, but PG1 will mark this down as a considerable step on our journey from division three to the top of division one.

Good luck in the big stuff BS we welcome the chase 😊