Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 15, 2023, 09:18:00 AM
Rossa's two best players(goalie and McEnhill) would be in the football and then Walsh would be handy enough from the hurling too.

You're right about st johns and the hurling. They'd be missing a lot through the hurling. Also I'd expect Fitzpatrick to play more in the summer. (or in fact maybe linfield start early for europe so not sure?)

Very handy indeed - watch this space!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

country bumpkin

Quote from: DearyMe on June 15, 2023, 09:57:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 15, 2023, 09:18:00 AM
Rossa's two best players(goalie and McEnhill) would be in the football and then Walsh would be handy enough from the hurling too.

You're right about st johns and the hurling. They'd be missing a lot through the hurling. Also I'd expect Fitzpatrick to play more in the summer. (or in fact maybe linfield start early for europe so not sure?)

Very handy indeed - watch this space!

Watched the space and know the craic......

bannside

Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully seeing a good performance from Andys men. Be good to see decent support getting there and behind the team too.

Milltown Row2

Can't say I've seen Antrim play Carlow in football and if I have it's a long time ago
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jdyok

In 2018 the sides met at Corrigan Park in a game where Carlow created their own little bit of history by defeating Antrim to secure promotion to division 3 with Laoise, confining Antrim to another year in the basement division.

imtommygunn

I remember one Saturday evening in casement we played them in division four and won easy enough. Hopefully it'll be the same but no guarantee of anything...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 17, 2023, 02:10:03 PM
I remember one Saturday evening in casement we played them in division four and won easy enough. Hopefully it'll be the same but no guarantee of anything...

Aye Casement would be the last I'd seen them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

I see Ahoghill v Creggan was replayed this afternoon.
4 point win for Creggan. I thought that Creggan caused the abandonment of the original  game . 

country bumpkin

Quote from: delgany on June 17, 2023, 04:18:13 PM
4 point win for Creggan. I thought that Creggan caused the abandonment of the original  game .

Was not a replay.......

delgany

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 17, 2023, 05:08:37 PM
Quote from: delgany on June 17, 2023, 04:18:13 PM

Was not a replay.......
Cheers for update , so original game outcome stood

country bumpkin

So a new man in the squad tomorrow....

Will Ger Walsh start.......?

ck

That's the strongest starting team this year so far IMO. Good luck to Andy and team

BrendanAntrim

Good luck to the fellas tomorrow, I really hope we win, a semi final in Croke Park and more importantly, I think we can win the overall competition.

bannside

Will probably be a few tweaks to the starting 15, Cavan and Linerick gone, both favourites today so no room whatsoever for any complacency. Come on Saffs.

Saffsof82

Andy has a habit of tweaking the published first 15, expect to see Deccy Lynch start tomorrow, very much needed for his know how at this level against a very physical Carlow team