Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 18, 2023, 02:27:01 PM
I was under the impression the bar at Corrigan remains open during games (perhaps I am wrong)

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 18, 2023, 02:10:55 PM
Social club premises/bars are not allowed to remain open during games.........

Yes and a fantastic view of the pitch, made even better by a lovely pint....

People are rude regardless of having pints or not I get lovely choice words in most games, though I must say last nights was a delight and fair play to both sets of players and managers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 18, 2023, 02:10:55 PM
Social club premises/bars are not allowed to remain open during games.........

Last year we went up to O'Ds for an U15 championship game.

About half a dozen fellas left the bar with their pints and stood on the sideline, apart from when they went back in the get more pints, and shouted abuse at our players for the whole game.

It was reported back to our club by another spectator and supposedly passed on to Ulster GAA but we haven't heard a peep since.

No one really gives a toss.

Belfast GAA man

Many's a trip to the country and spectators di nt need drinks to abuse us city lads . Moneyglass and rasharkin spectators always have belfast boys plent of stick.  Glass houses

Dreen

Giving some of the stuff you say on here Belfast Gaa man, you didn't get half enough

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 18, 2023, 09:37:12 PM
Many's a trip to the country and spectators di nt need drinks to abuse us city lads . Moneyglass and rasharkin spectators always have belfast boys plent of stick.  Glass houses

Reading that post, it's seems like you are on the pints yourself ffs 

barnish oggie

Not having a dig at Belfast clubs in general, I know there are country teams that aren't all that welcoming without naming any!.

My point was that at that one particular club, they left the social club open during a match, in which a number of grown men, while drinking, felt it appropriate to come out and abuse 14 and 15 year old boys.

Hopefully they get dealt with at some point as it is completely unacceptable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on May 19, 2023, 10:00:14 AM

Not having a dig at Belfast clubs in general, I know there are country teams that aren't all that welcoming without naming any!.

My point was that at that one particular club, they left the social club open during a match, in which a number of grown men, while drinking, felt it appropriate to come out and abuse 14 and 15 year old boys.

A country club lost homes games the other year and another lost home games this year but I get your point  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2023, 10:17:55 AM

A country club lost homes games the other year and another lost home games this year but I get your point  ;)

So you are saying only country clubs get punished and the Belfast clubs get away scot free  ;) ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on May 19, 2023, 10:39:26 AM

So you are saying only country clubs get punished and the Belfast clubs get away scot free  ;) ;D

Just adding some balance to the thread

Any sorta pinting will result in the extra crap thrown about at games, there is nothing anyone can do if someone comes to the spectator's end and be pissed, but what we can't allow is for randomer's coming from a function (which I believe happened at the Cargin game) and throw that crap around without it being punished or managed better at the time.

I wrote a report before for the same venue 2 years ago, in which there was a verbal attack, which things can easily escalate. It's not a good look.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2023, 10:46:00 AM

Any sorta pinting will result in the extra crap thrown about at games, there is nothing anyone can do if someone comes to the spectator's end and be pissed, but what we can't allow is for randomer's coming from a function (which I believe happened at the Cargin game) and throw that crap around without it being punished or managed better at the time.

I wrote a report before for the same venue 2 years ago, in which there was a verbal attack, which things can easily escalate. It's not a good look.

There is if they are walking back and forth to the bar during the game and giving abuse to children.

Close the bar and club officials can tell them to leave instead of turning a blind eye.

In fact, there was a county representative standing right beside them at the time....

Well done on the money raised in the charity spin btw

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on May 19, 2023, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 19, 2023, 10:46:00 AM

Well done on the money raised in the charity spin btw

Colm behind a lot of that and for a great cause.. Was going to bring some padded shorts and thought, nah, wish I had have the day after! This from someone that did spin 6 days a week! You fairly noticed the difference when not doing it 2 years!

bannside

No better man for a bit of spin too.

Ps; Just couldn't resist that!

bannside

Best of luck to senior team and management tomorrow when we travel to Wexford. Won't be an easy assignment but we need at least one more point in this group to be sure of qualifying.

Can't make this one, my daughter Eimear is getting married tomorrow...but will be tuning in, lol.

BrendanAntrim

Lovely Bannside, have a great day.

Stillwater2

Bankside, what was your thoughts on that meeting last Monday night?