Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 18, 2022, 01:12:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2022, 12:51:56 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on December 18, 2022, 12:47:12 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 18, 2022, 10:48:01 AM
Have seen a lotta stuff doing the rounds on the web in statements made by individual members of Lavey by, or in support of a prominent family within.

Do know an approach was made to Cargin a while back which was graciously declined.
The conduit as to South Belfast was an individual in a South Derry school and players were introduced to club as  we members...
Surely Brigid's akin to Cargin have a strong youth base and do wonder who are the up and coming Musgrave lads who will lose out...

A can see a settlement reached in the Erins Own club but in any event I can never envisage a Downey in Saffron.....
I'm sure a Cargin player missed out when Magill transferred in.  Could apply it to a lot of clubs.  Wouldn't get too high & mighty.

CB generally has amnesia when mentioning players from other clubs joining the loughshore green army

Michael was an exception and was a big asset.

Led to believe a long list of requests awaiting to follow that route.
We will see...?
Lol

barnish oggie

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on December 18, 2022, 09:59:59 AM
Surely they'd (Downeys)be just as well signing for the ports BS,just a short spin for them

I have said that to others since I first heard the rumour.

PG1 would have made great sense but not sure if there are reasons why they would have been bypassed.

country bumpkin

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 19, 2022, 09:22:23 AM
Surely they'd (Downeys)be just as well signing for the ports BS,just a short spin for them

PG1 would have made great sense but not sure if there are reasons why they would have been bypassed.

The Downeys are into their hurling.....but possibly seeking a short cut to success....possibly why early port of call was Toome....

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 19, 2022, 09:58:35 AM

The Downeys are into their hurling.....but possibly seeking a short cut to success....possibly why early port of call was Toome....

Well if it is dual club they are after they should have stopped at Whitehill  ;D

barnish oggie

Quote from: NAG1 on November 30, 2022, 02:42:32 PM
From what I can see this incoming year counties have the choice to revert back to u18 for minor.

The ages grades below stay at u13 u15.

The following year the recommendation looks like going back to the original age grades of u12 u14 u16 and u18.

U18 players will only be able to play senior after their schools season has finished from my understanding.

Has anyone heard any more about minor for next year?

I have heard from a couple of people today that they heard minor will be u18 next year.

But I wasn't aware of it being discussed in any official capacity this side of Christmas.

paddyjohn

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 19, 2022, 10:52:10 AM

Well if it is dual club they are after they should have stopped at Whitehill  ;D

Cloney Gaels. 😉

bannside

The Downeys all wanted to go to Cargin until someone told them Cargin didn't play hurling.....because like...they wouldn't have known that!

"Christmas Spoofs & Fantasy Stories by the Loughshore".

Admission FOC, only £10 to exit.

EOC1923

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 19, 2022, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 30, 2022, 02:42:32 PM
From what I can see this incoming year counties have the choice to revert back to u18 for minor.

The ages grades below stay at u13 u15.

The following year the recommendation looks like going back to the original age grades of u12 u14 u16 and u18.

U18 players will only be able to play senior after their schools season has finished from my understanding.

Has anyone heard any more about minor for next year?

I have heard from a couple of people today that they heard minor will be u18 next year.

But I wasn't aware of it being discussed in any official capacity this side of Christmas.
Its u17, and bizarrely u19 as well in Antrim in 2023 going by the competition entry form sent to clubs

toby47

Quote from: bannside on December 19, 2022, 01:19:09 PM
The Downeys all wanted to go to Cargin until someone told them Cargin didn't play hurling.....because like...they wouldn't have known that!

**also worth noting......

None of them play hurling!

NatSoSaff

Sure they'll get a football championship and be able to play a bit of stick-ball at Creggan. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner  ;D

barnish oggie

Quote from: NatSoSaff on December 19, 2022, 05:40:09 PM

Sure they'll get a football championship and be able to play a bit of stick-ball at Creggan. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner  ;D

Aye but it's creggan......

country bumpkin

Quote from: toby47 on December 19, 2022, 03:35:04 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 19, 2022, 01:19:09 PM

**also worth noting......

None of them play hurling!

The Downeys are all excellent hurlers, especially Henry's son Conor but all decided to concentrate on the 'big ball' game....

bannside

Previously CB you said Cargin was their first port of call except there is no hurling played there!

Now you're saying they're concentrating only on the big ball.

Two posts from same poster saying the exact opposite of each other - unless I'm completely missing something??

What about stop feeding this nonsense and let's see where they actually pop up.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on December 20, 2022, 08:02:09 PM
Previously CB you said Cargin was their first port of call except there is no hurling played there!

Two posts from same poster saying the exact opposite of each other - unless I'm completely missing something??

So an approach was made to Cargin a few weeks past and no further action.

In any event if any young Derry player(s) crossed the Bann in search of a new club the obvious choice would be Cargin if they sought reward for future labours.....logic would dictate...

Why would you care so much....?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 20, 2022, 08:46:12 PM
Quote from: bannside on December 20, 2022, 08:02:09 PM

So an approach was made to Cargin a few weeks past and no further action.

In any event if any young Derry player(s) crossed the Bann in search of a new club the obvious choice would be Cargin if they sought reward for future labours.....logic would dictate...

Why would you care so much....?

Surely go to a club with pedigree that's won Ulster a few times?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea