Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bannside on December 17, 2022, 03:37:00 AM
Pete Mc Grath. A strong signal of intent as Aghagallon demonstrate ambition to find that next level. This on top of strong rumours about St Brigids massive intake of six new players, 4 of whom were on Derrys Ulster championship winning panel.

Antrim club football setting itself up for a few very interesting years ahead!

Whose the other 2? A Lavey man told me it's a load of balls. Be shocked if it happens.

bannside

Just rumours Walter! Probably a bit of poker going on, heard Ardboe are also in the mix. Best to wait and see how this pans out.

Saul goodman

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on December 18, 2022, 09:59:59 AM
Surely they'd (Downeys)be just as well signing for the ports BS,just a short spin for them

Was there a falling out with them and their own club what is the reason for all them potentially leaving their own club

country bumpkin

Have seen a lotta stuff doing the rounds on the web in statements made by individual members of Lavey by, or in support of a prominent family within.

Do know an approach was made to Cargin a while back which was graciously declined.
The conduit as to South Belfast was an individual in a South Derry school and players were introduced to club as  we members...
Surely Brigid's akin to Cargin have a strong youth base and do wonder who are the up and coming Musgrave lads who will lose out...

A can see a settlement reached in the Erins Own club but in any event I can never envisage a Downey in Saffron.....

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 18, 2022, 10:48:01 AM
Have seen a lotta stuff doing the rounds on the web in statements made by individual members of Lavey by, or in support of a prominent family within.

Do know an approach was made to Cargin a while back which was graciously declined.
The conduit as to South Belfast was an individual in a South Derry school and players were introduced to club as  we members...
Surely Brigid's akin to Cargin have a strong youth base and do wonder who are the up and coming Musgrave lads who will lose out...

A can see a settlement reached in the Erins Own club but in any event I can never envisage a Downey in Saffron.....

Brigids  won all youth championships last year so the future must be promising
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Converting youth/juvenile wins into senior is entirely different as all on here know.. you'd need to be winning five in a row at both minor and under 21 to beat some fruit like Glen have recently that their great kids eventually came through at senior..

One swallow and all that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Brides obviously have some fantastic young players coming through, surely they should be given the chance at senior, instead of their progress being stunted. Downeys are class players but your going to disappoint your own members who have been representing the club for 10/15 years. Trust the players who have won numerous underage titles for the club.

No matter if you win at senior or not, be loyal to your own.

JimStynes

Quote from: geezer on December 18, 2022, 11:28:52 AM
Brides obviously have some fantastic young players coming through, surely they should be given the chance at senior, instead of their progress being stunted. Downeys are class players but your going to disappoint your own members who have been representing the club for 10/15 years. Trust the players who have won numerous underage titles for the club.

St Brigid's have a long history of accepting blow ins due to the fact they were a new club. Those days are over now and they have enough of their own players from underage teams. I don't know if it would sit right with me if 4 or 5 players landed from another club into our senior team in those circumstances. It's different if the family have moved and settled in another parish. Are the lads living in Belfast?

geezer

Quote from: JimStynes on December 18, 2022, 11:37:37 AM
Quote from: geezer on December 18, 2022, 11:28:52 AM

St Brigid's have a long history of accepting blow ins due to the fact they were a new club. Those days are over now and they have enough of their own players from underage teams. I don't know if it would sit right with me if 4 or 5 players landed from another club into our senior team in those circumstances. It's different if the family have moved and settled in another parish. Are the lads living in Belfast?

Dont know much at all about the situation. Maybe they are living up for uni?

Hoof Hearted

I believe their mother is from St Brigids
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

JimStynes

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 18, 2022, 11:59:32 AM

Some spin and diesel money to be driving from Lavey to Belfast 3/4 nights a week.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 18, 2022, 11:59:32 AM

And the St Brigid's chairman is Bursar at St Mary's.......

Sportacus

I'm sure a Cargin player missed out when Magill transferred in.  Could apply it to a lot of clubs.  Wouldn't get too high & mighty.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on December 18, 2022, 12:47:12 PM

I'm sure a Cargin player missed out when Magill transferred in.  Could apply it to a lot of clubs.  Wouldn't get too high & mighty.

CB generally has amnesia when mentioning players from other clubs joining the loughshore green army
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2022, 12:51:56 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on December 18, 2022, 12:47:12 PM

CB generally has amnesia when mentioning players from other clubs joining the loughshore green army

Michael was an exception and was a big asset.

Led to believe a long list of requests awaiting to follow that route.
We will see...?