Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodger Mona

Who got the aldegrove job? creggan guy?

Would ye whist

country bumpkin

In the red and black today.....off to support the Clooney boys.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 19, 2022, 11:48:34 AM
In the red and black today.....off to support the Clooney boys.....

I'm sure they are glad you turned up!!

Liatroim  lost a man early doors but never looked like losing the game

Hard luck Gaels
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lár na páirce 1

Hard luck to Clooney usually come up trumps at this level. hopefully the Cargin Glen game lives up to the local derby it's being billed as, I personally feel nothing to separate the two sides it's a 50/50 game imo and it'll come down to who gets the lucky breaks on the day but def nothing to separate the two sides from South Derry,.

country bumpkin

I see Donegal are scheduling an under-21 football championship.........?

bannside

Boylesports see it vastly different Lar.

1/12 Glen 14/1 Cargin 7/1

Go fill your boots at Cargin plus 7 points of a start at evens.

country bumpkin

Did see the Boylesport rep peeping over the hedge on Friday evening watching our lads training....

Was the same idiot who had Cargin at 1/4 to beat Aghagallon and 1/3 PG1 to beat the St Mary's men....

stiffler

Pp odds

Glen 1/12
Draw 16/1
Cargin 7/1

Cargin +7 10/11 looks a safe bet to me.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

country bumpkin

Quote from: stiffler on November 20, 2022, 01:39:22 PM
Pp odds

Glen 1/12
Draw 16/1
Cargin 7/1

[/quote

Have been watching our lads training last week and indeed they look ready for action....
Remember when Cargin met up with Cross at Clones in 1999 and despite going as 8/1 underdogs the Armagh men needed a late, late Jim Mc Conville goal to enable them to move onwards and  claim the Aĺl  Ireland club title..

Messer Boyle and Power despite their expertise in Gaelic games way well be found wanting...

Saul goodman

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 20, 2022, 09:02:57 PM
Quote from: stiffler on November 20, 2022, 01:39:22 PM
Pp odds

Glen 1/12
Draw 16/1
Cargin 7/1

[/quote

The odds are wild - I think it will be a close game. Be interesting to see how Glen react to being such overwhelming favorites. Everyone under the sun been speaking about Kilcoo -v-Glen final

Have been watching our lads training last week and indeed they look ready for action....
Remember when Cargin met up with Cross at Clones in 1999 and despite going as 8/1 underdogs the Armagh men needed a late, late Jim Mc Conville goal to enable them to move onwards and  claim the Aĺl  Ireland club title..

Messer Boyle and Power despite their expertise in Gaelic games way well be found wanting...

Milltown Row2

Aye, those pesky bookies are going out of business....

Not too many teams win by 7!

Backed the draw in the last game, as did a few round me at Corrigan

Glen are favourites and rightly so but anything can happen, and if they win by two points and go on to win an All Ireland it's like winning an All Ireland  ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 20, 2022, 09:51:56 PM
Do not see many bookies on a bike but sometimes there are opportunities..

Backed Aghagallon to win Antrim to win championship at semi final stage at 10/1 and laid it off at the final stage at 5/1...5 points no risk profit.....

Bad backed Cargin to win earlier 5/2...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2022, 09:44:13 PM
Aye, those pesky bookies are going out of business....

Not too many teams win by 7!

Backed the draw in the last game, as did a few round me at Corrigan

Glen are favourites and rightly so but anything can happen, and if they win by two points and go on to win an All Ireland it's like winning an All Ireland  ;D

It's not personal. A derry team should be strong favourite over an antrim team all day long. That's just how it goes.

I do think Glen are possibly a bit over rated mind you. I was a bit disappointed with them against Errigal. However that said they should still be strong favourites for this game. The odds maybe a wee bit long mind you.