Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Being neutral does funny things to people CB ;D

EOC1923

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 07, 2022, 10:01:20 PM
Covered PG1 v Sarsfields under-20 Sunday and impressed with man in the middle..
Some new whistler, and looks like he is going places..

Jeez I could not find fault....am I losing it....??
Could this be the olive branch needed to heal this long running rift

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 08, 2022, 07:49:41 AM

I don't hold grudges, I tend to let my feelings be known and move on, life is way too short to worry about how people feel about you when in truth they actually don't even know you.

Had a good wee chat with a good Cargin man at the weekend, of course I wouldn't be flavour of the month up in the Loughshore direction but the reality is I've actually no rivalry 'as such' I'm a hurling man in a football club and while I played football right through to senior it was only to keep me fit for hurling ;)

I do love a bitta banter mind you. I'll be there at Corrigan hoping for an Antrim victory

Two good finals next week in the under 20's, Will the Belfast teams come out on top for a change? Well done to Colin on his appointment for the A final too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I think Big Noise and CB need to get a room

paddyjohn

Christmas has come early this year. 😉

Would ye whist

Wouldn't they make a lovely picture in front of the official Antrim GAA Christmas card..................would look like Harry and Marv from Home Alone  ;)

Saul goodman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2022, 08:57:51 AM

I don't hold grudges, I tend to let my feelings be known and move on, life is way too short to worry about how people feel about you when in truth they actually don't even know you.

Had a good wee chat with a good Cargin man at the weekend, of course I wouldn't be flavour of the month up in the Loughshore direction but the reality is I've actually no rivalry 'as such' I'm a hurling man in a football club and while I played football right through to senior it was only to keep me fit for hurling ;)

I do love a bitta banter mind you. I'll be there at Corrigan hoping for an Antrim victory

Two good finals next week in the under 20's, Will the Belfast teams come out on top for a change? Well done to Colin on his appointment for the A final too

Glad to see MANSY reffing the A-final the man was running around still scoring points for aghagallon B's this summer

SaffronSports

Tweet from Joe Brolly.

Antrim County Committee just voted overwhelmingly (90%) to restore the under 18 grade. The main argument was the amount of players being lost to the games as a result of the u17 grade.

Does this mean it will go back to u16, 14, 12, 10 etc?

Saul goodman

Hope it does mean the return to u12/14/16/18 was better than what we have

Milltown Row2

Providing 18 year olds can play senior!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2022, 10:17:31 PM
Providing 18 year olds can play senior!!

They can't is my understanding
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

theskull1

I feel nothing but contempt for those who went along with the change to U17 in the first place, ignoring those who were arguing that it was completely terrible idea for the reasons now being used to change it back  >:(
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

So by not allowing 18 year old men not play senior competitions we will lose players the same way!! Madness

delgany

Quote from: SaffronSports on November 08, 2022, 09:57:43 PM
Tweet from Joe Brolly.

Antrim County Committee just voted overwhelmingly (90%) to restore the under 18 grade. The main argument was the amount of players being lost to the games as a result of the u17 grade.

My understanding is , there will still be 13/15/17  for one year (2023) but Counties can adopt additional 12/14/16/18 competions through a county bye law endorsed by Croke Park . Any subsequent changes to even only years would be voted on at Congress in February and implemented in 2024.

Antrim County committee voted to exclude 18 year olds from adult football

EOC1923

Quote from: delgany on November 08, 2022, 10:50:45 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on November 08, 2022, 09:57:43 PM
Tweet from Joe Brolly.

My understanding is , there will still be 13/15/17  for one year (2023) but Counties can adopt additional 12/14/16/18 competions through a county bye law endorsed by Croke Park . Any subsequent changes to even only years would be voted on at Congress in February and implemented in 2024.

Antrim County committee voted to exclude 18 year olds from adult football
Good to see some progress on this but the 2023 season could be very frustrating knowing its going to be changed, but just not yet. Croke Park needlessly dragging their heels. The decoupling thing is so needless for all the amount of players it affects.