Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saul goodman

Quote from: JimStynes on October 30, 2022, 12:43:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2022, 12:26:55 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 30, 2022, 12:18:23 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 29, 2022, 10:20:15 PM
So only players from.Cargin up for young player of the year..

Be a tough decision for the main MAN, but perhaps another twist in the tale.
Sean og O'Neill was officially notified he had gained that same award last year but in the event somebody changed their mind.

Ciaran Maginnis from aghagallon who has been their best player all year didn't even get a mention. Farce. Probably don't even know who he is!

Are you really annoyed?

Yes

Ciaran another great game for aghagallon yesterday big things to come from him

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2022, 12:26:55 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 30, 2022, 12:18:23 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 29, 2022, 10:20:15 PM
So only players from.Cargin up for young player of the year..

Be a tough decision for the main MAN, but perhaps another twist in the tale.
Sean og O'Neill was officially notified he had gained that same award last year but in the event somebody changed their mind.

Ciaran Maginnis from aghagallon who has been their best player all year didn't even get a mention. Farce. Probably don't even know who he is!

Are you really annoyed?

I would say he is rightly annoyed, not just really annoyed.

imtommygunn

Owen Gallagher motm galway county final. Suppose hardly matters now as he's gone to Galway but good to see an antrim man performing elsewhere.

Milltown Row2

St Mary's looking a new man I hear.. Must be a decent job to be going to, to be leaving a promising team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2022, 01:30:05 PM
St Mary's looking a new man I hear.. Must be a decent job to be going to, to be leaving a promising team
Welcome to Antrim Gaa discussion gossip column

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 31, 2022, 02:14:05 PM
He's right. The management team stepped down on Sunday.

EOC1923

Fair enough, that is a strange one. Unless he got fed up missing all the players most of the league.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on October 31, 2022, 02:22:11 PM

I know it was difficult with players out traveling or away for college but hopefully this won't slow down the progress and its early enough in the year to get in a really good coach or coaches (The SV seem to know their shit asss suchhhh  ;D I'm messing ) and be the missing link to get them over the line
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Is that not 2 years in a row there's been new management?

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on October 31, 2022, 02:22:11 PM

Hear former St Mary"s manager got a bad slap yesterday JS Kevin Murray taken to hospital with a bad facial injury......

Saul goodman

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2022, 02:57:18 PM

Aye third diff manager in a row coming in - good job to take but at this stage given the level aghagallon have performed to in successive championships there will be an expectation on the manager to keep them there or get over the line

Sportacus

Quote from: Saul goodman on October 31, 2022, 04:15:00 PM

Aye third diff manager in a row coming in - good job to take but at this stage given the level aghagallon have performed to in successive championships there will be an expectation on the manager to keep them there or get over the line
Strange all the same?  There will be candidates no doubt, but they'd be entitled to ask why the previous manager bailed after a year.

Saul goodman

Quote from: Sportacus on October 31, 2022, 04:22:11 PM
Quote from: Saul goodman on October 31, 2022, 04:15:00 PM

Strange all the same?  There will be candidates no doubt, but they'd be entitled to ask why the previous manager bailed after a year.

True but the absence of key players through injury/America for the mid part of the season was probably enough. Hard to know who would go for it probably somebody who is definitely going to stick for few seasons

JimStynes

I hear Big Noise got a mention on the SV podcast last night again. Celebrity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 02, 2022, 08:23:42 PM
I hear Big Noise got a mention on the SV podcast last night again. Celebrity

Will they be at the Devinish this weekend?