Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: wolfofwhitehall on October 14, 2022, 10:49:48 PM
Also ciaran magennis should be up for an Antrim all star

Fantastic player who just keeps getting better and better

Saul goodman

Quote from: wolfofwhitehall on October 14, 2022, 10:49:09 PM
Ballymena out of ideas once down by 3.. wasted opportunity for them. Aghagallon grinded them down and first step of getting Sundays result out of the system. Wonder was scoreboard not on to save Ballymenas blushes 🙈

Saves electricity keeping the board off- you know there is a cost of living crisis wolf

JimStynes

Apparently the Saffron Voice lads were seen in the crowd!

paddyjohn

Quote from: JimStynes on October 14, 2022, 10:56:20 PM
Apparently the Saffron Voice lads were seen in the crowd!

🤐🤐

bannside

On the first half showing there was was enough evidence to show that Ballymena has enough talent to be a division one team...but their second half performance firmly put that notion to bed. When Aghagallon finally threw off the shackles they demonstrated the gap that exists between intermediate and senior football.

That's another football year done and dusted.... except for those that are going into the provincial competitions. Time for the rest to take stock and see what they can do to find a bit extra for 2023.

BrendanAntrim

There are minor titles at three grades up for decision this Sunday.

JimStynes

Quote from: bannside on October 14, 2022, 11:45:45 PM
On the first half showing there was was enough evidence to show that Ballymena has enough talent to be a division one team...but their second half performance firmly put that notion to bed. When Aghagallon finally threw off the shackles they demonstrated the gap that exists between intermediate and senior football.

That's another football year done and dusted.... except for those that are going into the provincial competitions. Time for the rest to take stock and see what they can do to find a bit extra for 2023.

Their first half they scored 2 points and had 15 played behind the ball at all times. Conceding the kick outs! I don't blame the players though. That's the manager! I do think Ballymena have plenty of talent and barring one or 2 they've got a good age profile. They'll not do much with those tactics though.

bannside

I stand corrected Brendan....

bannside

Aghagallon have put in serious work at underage level this last decade and are going to be a top 4 club for the foreseeable future. At one stage towards the end of the match they had 5 players aged under 19 on the pitch!

Ballymena not ready to go up, Baker will get another year for sure but I'd say a div 2 league or intermediate cship are essential for him next year now that he knows his way around the club. Anything less than that will be underachieving with the panel that's there.

Milltown Row2

That was the worst experience I've had as an official on the pitch last night, ever!!

5 minutes in the abuse from the line and over the line was unreal!

Think next year I might wear a phone holder and record the game just to highlight what 'ordinary' people say during the game, both on the pitch and behind the line
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Highland Paddy

Recording the level of abuse would be some eye opener

Sportacus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 15, 2022, 08:08:19 AM
That was the worst experience I've had as an official on the pitch last night, ever!!

Think next year I might wear a phone holder and record the game just to highlight what 'ordinary' people say during the game, both on the pitch and behind the line
That's ridiculous. Other counties are taking a stand. It's time the issue was made a priority in our county as well.  It should be an enjoyable job which is respected.  Otherwise we're in a vicious circle with no one wanting to do it.  Only a stubborn wee bollix like you would do it 🤣. You handled it well by the way.

JimStynes

It doesn't help when their manager is leading the charge with the slabbering. Ballymena never used to have that element in their support so I was surprised to hear as much abuse being handed out.

stiffler

Terrible to hear. Was this from both teams or was it mainly related to the management indiscretions in the first half?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

imtommygunn

I only just saw the score line. That's an awful hammering ???