Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

One of my favourite wins as a manager was winning that competition EOC, ironically beating Cargin in the final. A good even game tonight, very little in it, was thinking you might have been a bit more gracious considering you won by a single point with the last kick of a game that could have gone either way.

country bumpkin

Cargin made it to the under-15 B final last night with a hard earned win at Fennel park.
Ardoyne a team to watch.....a panel of 32 on show....

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on September 01, 2022, 11:19:31 PM
One of my favourite wins as a manager was winning that competition EOC, ironically beating Cargin in the final. A good even game tonight, very little in it, was thinking you might have been a bit more gracious considering you won by a single point with the last kick of a game that could have gone either way.
Good game to watch, Tom with a big free at the end to seal it.

bannside

Tom Shivers looking good....plenty of good young talent in that Cargin team, most have acquired a fair bit of silverware already in their careers.

Happy with what we have coming through too, you look at the league finishing table and the senior reserve results and you have to say Casements are definitely closing the gap on the big two. Only a fool would dismiss that.

Still say there's not a pile between top six though.

EOC1923

You could be right about closing the gap but that can only be told after the Senior Chanpionship concludes, can't go on reserve on senior league results, teams were so disjointed for half the season. Sunday 9th October will tell all whoever features. 

Hoof Hearted

Reserve final next Thursday night 6.45 cargin v Creggan
U15B final next Thursday night 6.45 cargin v GNM
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 02, 2022, 01:29:04 PM
Reserve final next Thursday night 6.45 cargin v Creggan
U15B final next
Thursday night 6.45 cargin v GNM

Smart.planning from.our CCC..........

BrendanAntrim

Yes they should have had the foresight to know that Cargin would reach both these finals

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 02, 2022, 05:53:55 PM
Yes they should have had the foresight to know that Cargin would reach both these finals

But perhaps the could have considered all options....

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 02, 2022, 07:04:20 PM

I'm with CB on this one
I know there's a master fixture list and as MR2 will say if you've nothing to do volunteer yourself ( and I get that ) but common sense has to prevail here
Push the reserve final back 90 minutes double header in dunsilly
Maybe it's not practical I don't know but....

Saffsof82

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 02, 2022, 09:47:37 PM

I'm with CB on this one
I know there's a master fixture list and as MR2 will say if you've nothing to do volunteer yourself ( and I get that ) but common sense has to prevail here

I thought Thursday night was already a double header at Dunsilly with Glenavy in the reserve shield final?

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 02, 2022, 09:47:37 PM

I'm with CB on this one

Maybe there will be some flexibility- the situation on Cargin being in both finals only arose after last nights semi finals

Pjoe

It seems like the football world revolves around Cargin! Such rubbish is being penned on here. Remember there are two teams in the final! Seems like the discussion is about getting as big a crowd from Cargin along to support. What about GNM. Perhaps one of their many club teams is playing that night - after all they are participating in all codes and all levels. The date for the final was fixed months ago, all teams were aware when they entered the competition.

NatSoSaff

Don't think anyone is claiming football revolves around Cargin Pjoe. Understandable supporters and family's would not want to chose between which family member and team to watch. I'm sure a solution can be found. Bit pointless stating '*perhaps* one of GNM's many teams have another game'. Do they or not? Cargin do.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Pjoe on September 03, 2022, 09:05:13 AM

It seems like the football world revolves around Cargin! Such rubbish is being penned on here. Remember there are two teams in the final! Seems like the discussion is about getting as big a crowd from Cargin along to support. What about GNM. Perhaps one of their many club teams is playing that night - after all they are participating in all codes and all levels. The date for the final was fixed months ago, all teams were aware when they entered the competition.

Feck all to with revolving around cargin, I'm not a cargin man far from it but just think it's only fair supporters can follow both teams if possible. Consult GNM first of course, and Creggan, then if they're happy there is plenty that can be done to accommodate