Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: bannside on July 31, 2022, 02:48:44 PM
Which would be fair enough EOC except I confidently predict yesterday's Og Sport title is just the first product off an excellent conveyor belt under development here.

One year wondergroup lol. Time will tell.....

What other strong underage groups have PG1 Bannside?

imtommygunn

So it's...

Moneyglass win
Creggan led draw
Johnnies by 12 :o
Cargin by5 I think?
Aghagallon were 10 up in second half
Portglenone by 4 or 5

Moneyglass and Creggan draw I guess are the surprises. Creggan needed a late score to level.

EOC1923

Cargin v St Enda's a good game, St Enda's put it up to us. Some intensity shown by them. Most results as predicted, I'd heard Lamh Dhearg were confident of getting something up in Creggan and I must say I doubted it but fair play to them.

Lár na páirce 1

St Endas were very good
Well organised team, we played in spells and it was enough
A win is a win in championship
Creggan group now very interesting after that draw and the johnnies with a big win. Moneyglass with a decent win also

Milltown Row2

Was there a post removed about Cargin if they win minor it would be 4 out of last five ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Not that I seen, you maybe dreamt it. Obsessed with Cargin much?

123Bigball

Watched Creggan v LD game tonight. Have to say the level of officiating in Antrim is comical. Alot of refs with egos and a terrible understanding of the rules. I know it's a hard job and not many do it but some of these clowns would be better not doing it for the sake of the game. I seen players stop and call frees tonight and then the ref blowing,seen clear points given as wides. Ref in best position at times to call them and didn't. Cards not given to men who had already been booked,maybe because they were county players or big names , I dont know. Seems unfair on teams training all year and to be greeted with that level of officiating. Was like watching a game and you ask one of the teams playing to ref it for you. Senior championship with junior B officials. That's being kind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 31, 2022, 10:09:09 PM
Not that I seen, you maybe dreamt it. Obsessed with Cargin much?

I was going to say that's impressive but yeah obsessed...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 123Bigball on July 31, 2022, 10:53:09 PM
Watched Creggan v LD game tonight. Have to say the level of officiating in Antrim is comical. Alot of refs with egos and a terrible understanding of the rules. I know it's a hard job and not many do it but some of these clowns would be better not doing it for the sake of the game. I seen players stop and call frees tonight and then the ref blowing,seen clear points given as wides. Ref in best position at times to call them and didn't. Cards not given to men who had already been booked,maybe because they were county players or big names , I dont know. Seems unfair on teams training all year and to be greeted with that level of officiating. Was like watching a game and you ask one of the teams playing to ref it for you. Senior championship with junior B officials. That's being kind.

It's available for anyone to apply, hopefully we'll see you soon

breakingball

Quote from: 123Bigball on July 31, 2022, 10:53:09 PM

Was it green and gold or red and white tinted glasses you watched through? Finish that pint and get home for work in the morning.

123Bigball

Think that's part of the problem. Any clown can apply.

erinsboy

I wasn't at the Creggan v Derg game but spoke to a few that did attend,I believe Creggan made alot more mistakes than the ref did,and lucky for Creggan LD didn't bring there shooting boots as they missed a bag full.
No PC either ,bad day at the office or is the burden of being champions to heavy.
Time will tell😉

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 123Bigball on July 31, 2022, 11:12:30 PM
Think that's part of the problem. Any clown can apply.

Again like I said you can apply and show everyone how it's done, seeing as it's easy and any clown can do it

bannside

St Brigids brought their A game, but it wasn't enough to see off a decent, workmanlike PG1 performance. On to the next event from our perspective.

123Bigball

Quote from: erinsboy on July 31, 2022, 11:21:13 PM
I wasn't at the Creggan v Derg game but spoke to a few that did attend,I believe Creggan made alot more mistakes than the ref did,and lucky for Creggan LD didn't bring there shooting boots as they missed a bag full.
No PC either ,bad day at the office or is the burden of being champions to heavy.
Time will tell😉

Not blaming the comical officiating on Creggans below par performance. Just stating how bad it was. What colour of glasses where they wearing, Think creggan wides were in double figures so likewise had they brought there shooting boots could have been a differnt game,🙄. Plenty of games left yet