Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

His last year or two seemed a bit sour but he had done quite well up to then. Meath suffered a lot from what a lot of counties suffer - a lot of their best players weren't committing. There seemed to be a significant amount of abuse with the son being in the setup too which ended up quite toxic.

All that said I think he got Meath to the "super" 8s and was he not the boy in charge of ballyboden when they won the club AI? (I think the day cushendall were in the final). I would expect him to be decent enough.

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2022, 02:58:03 PM
His last year or two seemed a bit sour but he had done quite well up to then. Meath suffered a lot from what a lot of counties suffer - a lot of their best players weren't committing. There seemed to be a significant amount of abuse with the son being in the setup too which ended up quite toxic.

All that said I think he got Meath to the "super" 8s and was he not the boy in charge of ballyboden when they won the club AI? (I think the day cushendall were in the final). I would expect him to be decent enough.

Indeed he was the man who led Ballyboden to their AI title...

bannside

Yes won All Ireland club with Ballyboden St Endas. This man can shake things up here big time. A big shout out to one or two people in particular who went out of their way to secure this very exciting appointment.

Sportacus

Very happy with McEntee.  Credit to the County Board, keeps the flame flickering.  If I was a player I'd be thinking this is worth committing to.

bannside

Needs to be ratified now by clubs at CC tonight. Should be a formality. Hopefully start of a new and successful era for Antrim.

Belfast GAA man

Who is stumping up the pound coins ? Seems like a bright guy

BrendanAntrim

Think this is a great appointment. Has the potential to be a real game changer, he will surely get buy in from players prepared to commit to his structure and process. Fair play everyone involved. McEntee could be the footballers version of Gleeson.

bannside

It's official. Great work all involved, none more so than our ambitious and hardworking county treasurer who found a way to make this happen. This on top of a new sponsorship deal pending which he also was highly involved in.

Breaking the mould ...

EOC1923

Really positive appointment, well done to all involved. He will make his way up to few club championship games in the next month or two no doubt.

FermGael

Great appointment that shows ambition.
Patience will be vital
Remember watching Antrim this  year and alot of old hands were still the main players and they were the wrong side of 30 .
His biggest task will be to blood some youth in a very competitive division 3.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

EOC1923

Yes agree there FG, if he can blood a young team together, stay in div 3 it will be a great first season. Div3 looks tougher next season but teams like Down are there for the taking.

bannside

A shout out to Coaching & Games Development officer Paddy Kelly who was also involved in this appointment process and is upping his game all the time now behind the scenes with some good initiatives. Credit where it's due.

Milltown Row2

Will he be bringing his own team or strategically picking ones from certain clubs to keep people happy?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Didn't expect him to be the selection but more that I thought he'd ruled himself out of a county role for the meantime.

Think it's a good choice and hopefully he's a good at the side of the pitch with our squad as our seems in paper he will be.

Time for every supporter, every club and every player to get behind him.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 11, 2022, 09:16:27 PM
Who is stumping up the pound coins ? Seems like a bright guy

Creagh, Premier Electrics, Northern property.