Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Watched/covered the Ahoghill Galls affair, and little between them with a late goal nudging the Milltown men over the winning line.
Ahoghill missed a lot of chances in the first half in particular which cost them.

St Gall's, having a huge panel, (three adult teams) look to have a ways to travel if they are to regain former greatness  imo.

Ahoghill had a lot missing in that one and will ask questions of most if they field at strength....

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on April 28, 2022, 07:54:21 AM
Aye early days, you just need to be ticking over quietly at this stage, make sure you're safe, try out a few players. Bigger tests await.
Most teams do the above, others go full pelt at it early, then run out of gas at the business end. Think St Galls showed the blueprint of how to do it in the noughties.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2022, 07:42:08 AM
Quote from: bannside on April 28, 2022, 07:38:53 AM
Creggan won by 3 on their Twitter feed. Took a race up to see Ahoghill v St Galls, decent game, not much between them. I continue to be impressed by Conall Mc Girr.

The johnnies would have a few to come on to that team, both McCanns out for Creggan also I'd assume. Teams still shadow boxing

What about Conor Small and Liam Quinn... are they about this year? The two of them have had a lot of promise but seem to have had a very bad run with injuries.

country bumpkin

Had a word with C Small a few weeks back and he is talking about a return about championship time....no idea about L Q....

NatSoSaff

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 27, 2022, 05:06:38 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 27, 2022, 04:04:58 PM
Does Kelly start in a full strength Cargin team?
What is a 'full strength' Cargin team NSS.....?

Could you name it....I could not...

I could not CB, but I just meant that if all your usual forwards (and the emerging talents of the 2 or 3 schools players/ County U20's) would he be classed as a starter? Kelly is a good player from what i've seen of him, don't get me wrong.

Dunsilly King

I love all this, its only April, shadow boxing stuff from teams who haven't won a championship or other teams who haven't a chance on winning it. I suppose they have they have o keep their spirits up some way. Mind games eh lol. The championship is a two horse race between Creggan & Cargin

antrimman667

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 27, 2022, 11:48:07 PM
Results slow going up on website. I blame the refs 😉

Still no sign?

imtommygunn

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 28, 2022, 10:41:38 AM
Had a word with C Small a few weeks back and he is talking about a return about championship time....no idea about L Q....

That's good at least one of them are back. Those boys seem to have been injured a lot and it would be great to see them at it and see what they're capable of.

country bumpkin

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 28, 2022, 10:52:32 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 27, 2022, 05:06:38 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 27, 2022, 04:04:58 PM
Does Kelly start in a full strength Cargin team?
What is a 'full strength' Cargin team NSS.....?

Could you name it....I could not...

I could not CB, but I just meant that if all your usual forwards (and the emerging talents of the 2 or 3 schools players/ County U20's) would he be classed as a starter? Kelly is a good player from what i've seen of him, don't get me wrong.

Was not being cheeky or trying to be funny but we are lucky enough the have a good supply of emerging talent.
Agree big Mark is a strong contender but young lads like Tom Shivers, Benen Kelly, Eunan Quinn, Paudie Mc Laughlin, PJ Quinn are all contenders.

Conhuir Johnston is a very special footballer, but not available this year only 17, and more than a few youngsters catching the eye in minor and under 15....

imtommygunn

CB has something changed in your underage setup in the last half a dozen years or so? You seemed to have a very dry spell where a lot of teams were in B competitions(a while back now) but seem to be dominating now. Anything specific change to make that happen?

(I don't know the exact timeline on it but you seemed to be dropping off for a bit then next thing winning minor titles and producing county standard footballers all round)

EOC1923

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2022, 10:03:58 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2022, 07:42:08 AM
Quote from: bannside on April 28, 2022, 07:38:53 AM
Creggan won by 3 on their Twitter feed. Took a race up to see Ahoghill v St Galls, decent game, not much between them. I continue to be impressed by Conall Mc Girr.

The johnnies would have a few to come on to that team, both McCanns out for Creggan also I'd assume. Teams still shadow boxing

What about Conor Small and Liam Quinn... are they about this year? The two of them have had a lot of promise but seem to have had a very bad run with injuries.
No kidology involved here when I say this, Creggan wont be easy worked with if those two were fully fit and slotted into the team they had last year.

Saffsof82

Cargin have a good underage coaching setup as last 10 years. McCann brothers, huggy, Butcher, Frog, Kobo all good men driving them on

Lár na páirce 1

Kickhams probably favourites for Championship at this stage, reports of a brawl last night at Tir na Nog v Lamh Dhearg, maybe CB chose wrong game to go to 👀

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on April 28, 2022, 12:16:16 PM
Kickhams probably favourites for Championship at this stage, reports of a brawl last night at Tir na Nog v Lamh Dhearg, maybe CB chose wrong game to go to 👀

Aldergrove Moneyglass got spicy towards the end goo
Ref had it all under control though !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

erinsboy

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2022, 11:20:03 AM
CB has something changed in your underage setup in the last half a dozen years or so? You seemed to have a very dry spell where a lot of teams were in B competitions(a while back now) but seem to be dominating now. Anything specific change to make that happen?

(I don't know the exact timeline on it but you seemed to be dropping off for a bit then next thing winning minor titles and producing county standard footballers all round)

The main reason we went through a spell of playing in lower League and B competitions was we had low number for example our minor team would be mostly our u16 team.

That has changed a bit the last 6 to 8 years and when we have good numbers we tend to do well.

I have been told we have 40 plus u7 boys so let's see how that turns out in 10 years or so.