Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lár na páirce 1

I'm not a good tipster it seems, good job I put nothing up during Cheltenham 😂cargins youth Wing were on a different level tonight

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 13, 2022, 10:03:15 PM
Davitts have to be the biggest surprise in all leagues this season. Was trying to remember if they had ever been in div 1 but can't remember, CB maybe you would know?

Are you serious?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

I'd be almost sure Davitts had a spell in Div 1 in the early 2000s maybe later than that. Used to be our bogey team! Hammered the lard out of you on the pitch and then carried drink to you steady after it.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 13, 2022, 10:03:15 PM
Davitts have to be the biggest surprise in all leagues this season. Was trying to remember if they had ever been in div 1 but can't remember, CB maybe you would know?

They sure had a spell in Division One..Saffso away back when John Rowntree was an Runai....
Proved useful enough in their day....unless the Celts were playing at the same time...

country bumpkin

Quote from: rogercasement on April 13, 2022, 09:57:06 PM
I'd say the bookies love to see you coming lar na pairce.

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on April 13, 2022, 10:34:15 AM
Cargin v whitehill-4 point away win
St Endas v ahoghill - 2 point away win
Rossa v St John's-Draw
Lamh dhearg v gorts-20 point home win
Aghagallon v St brides-5 point home win
St Galls v Casements-8 point away win
Saw the mid fielder wearing a broad grin after the match R C....think he was never serious....

Saffrongael

Quote from: rogercasement on April 13, 2022, 10:11:41 PM
I'd be almost sure Davitts had a spell in Div 1 in the early 2000s maybe later than that. Used to be our bogey team! Hammered the lard out of you on the pitch and then carried drink to you steady after it.

Think they have Sean McKenna from Gaelfast in moonlighting taking them
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

EOC1923

Result of the evening would have to be the way Casements dispatched St Galls away at Milltown with such ease, a statement of intent, a marker laid down.

imtommygunn

I don't think Davitts have been in division one for a long time. Their results definitely stand out this year.

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: EOC1923 on April 14, 2022, 07:59:20 AM
Result of the evening would have to be the way Casements dispatched St Galls away at Milltown with such ease, a statement of intent, a marker laid down.

Casements are the team to beat, a force to be reckoned with now

rogercasement

Nice try ;D
Rossas come back result of night.

country bumpkin

Quote from: rogercasement on April 14, 2022, 08:14:04 AM
Nice try ;D
Rossas come back result of night.

Casement's are fying high, but I do fear for the Milltown Blues....they were poor at Whitehill with Mickey Pollock their best on view.
A huge panel with three teams competing in the leagues and just losing out in the u20 championship final....what is going on up there.
Is relegation an issue....?

Milltown Row2

We contested for 30 minutes, that's were we are at, we've kids and if (big if) we can keep them in div 1 or even if the leagues are restructured keep them in a div 1 b league then the work will be done to improve their gameplay.

We need to improve on lots of things, composure on the ball, picking the right pass, confidence, maturity, support play. We've had a pretty lean spell and that's what happens to a lot of clubs. There are no panic buttons being pressed just yet and if we allow Burnsy and Paddy time to get things right it might set us up in a better place.

We've one player from the All Ireland winning team left playing at senior level, if any club had a complete wipe out of its previous senior teams then they will also struggle for a period, especially with no successful winning juveniles coming through.

As for Portglenone, they have an intensity to their game and a pace that for this time of year is pretty good, whether they are gunning for a league title and what happens in the championship as a bonus we won't know until they play Creggan or Cargin with both teams with their full pick available.

Standing on the sidelines gave a different view from being in the middle, Ports warm up was an intense 30 minutes, I'd say they are a bit busted for about 5 ten minutes of a game, but finish strong, could probably go for goals more. Bit more niggle in last nights game from other games I've seen them.

Good break for teams now, no doubt a few will have challenge games lined up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

Where you not on duty last night MR2 or are you now a ref's assessor?

I believe from what I am hearing the second half was a bit tempestuous, big McKeever sent off? Was it justified or was it the usual for the ref in question to be throwing out cards like he is the production line of Moonpig?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2022, 09:06:51 AM
We contested for 30 minutes, that's were we are at, we've kids and if (big if) we can keep them in div 1 or even if the leagues are restructured keep them in a div 1 b league then the work will be done to improve their gameplay.

We need to improve on lots of things, composure on the ball, picking the right pass, confidence, maturity, support play. We've had a pretty lean spell and that's what happens to a lot of clubs. There are no panic buttons being pressed just yet and if we allow Burnsy and Paddy time to get things right it might set us up in a better place.

We've one player from the All Ireland winning team left playing at senior level, if any club had a complete wipe out of its previous senior teams then they will also struggle for a period, especially with no successful winning juveniles coming through.

As for Portglenone, they have an intensity to their game and a pace that for this time of year is pretty good, whether they are gunning for a league title and what happens in the championship as a bonus we won't know until they play Creggan or Cargin with both teams with their full pick available.

Standing on the sidelines gave a different view from being in the middle, Ports warm up was an intense 30 minutes, I'd say they are a bit busted for about 5 ten minutes of a game, but finish strong, could probably go for goals more. Bit more niggle in last nights game from other games I've seen them.

barnish oggie

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2022, 08:01:19 AM
I don't think Davitts have been in division one for a long time. Their results definitely stand out this year.

Might be helping them that it will be game 10 before they have to leave Belfast with the way the fixtures are.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2022, 09:06:51 AM

Don't fret MR2, Portglenone are up to championship pace in April with a full team to pick from.