Previous topic - Next topic

Saffsof82

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 08, 2022, 09:47:25 AM
Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 08, 2022, 08:50:07 AM
oisin kerr has left the senior panel ffs

Again....?

Appears so, and Luke Mulholland going to the states

rogercasement

Who does that leave? The Rossa kid and anyone else?

NatSoSaff

I read John mcNabb from Cargin kicked half of the toome men's scores in a gael force wind to beat brides. Get him in.

Would ye whist

While John is a good keeper and kicked some great scores the other night his temperament just is not right for that level he always gets involved in silly things in games which could be very costly

NatSoSaff

What are the options out there? Who is the best of the rest? It would be interesting to go down the route of an experienced outfielder minding the nets. I see Louth joined the list of county's going that route this year also.

Could a CJ McGourty, Paddy Cunningham, Kevin Niblock, Sean McVeigh for example for the bill?

rogercasement

My immediate thoughts were an outfield player, maybe soccer type player. Only one man for the job Bam Neeson

Saffsof82

deccy heery has been called up as a keeper

Spike

has byrne retired?  give him a chance!

Saffsof82

Quote from: Spike on April 08, 2022, 11:42:39 AM

Mick will get his shot at making the no1 jersey his own now

Spike

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 08, 2022, 11:47:51 AM
Quote from: Spike on April 08, 2022, 11:42:39 AM

Mick will get his shot at making the no1 jersey his own now

and rightly so!  if Oisin has stepped away then Byrne should get a crack at it.  That is what he has been training hard for.

rogercasement

Oh I was talking about backup to him!. I always liked the Rasharkin lad Hasson but don't think he has played in goals as long time

toby47

Was Oisin Kerr the only one to walk away?

Spike

Quote from: toby47 on April 08, 2022, 12:39:12 PM
Was Oisin Kerr the only one to walk away?

Not sure but one thing is certain and that is a huge buy in from the players is needed this pre-season in order to keep moving forward. I can see it as being make or break.  We cannot stand still otherwise we will be clinging on for survival rather than taking the brave step forward towards Div 2.  Need followers who believe in the journey on board

NatSoSaff

I thought Byrne was the pick of them anyway from what I've seen of him when playing for Rossa. Why did Kerr leave?

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2022, 09:15:52 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on April 08, 2022, 08:59:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2022, 04:18:17 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on April 07, 2022, 03:22:47 PM
To be fair I think that each referee should hold a session with all their teams from minors up each season akin to that the referee has to go through himself in relation to the rules etc, take time to explain the rules, what is new, what a player misunderstands. What amazes me most what you notice from watching games is that even after a good few years some club players do not understand the kick out mark rule! If all refs did this no player or manager has an excuse to question technically correct decisions. The ref should not be out of pocket either as if this is a sole football club he could have at least 4 teams to do this with therefore their club should be sorting them out for it

I've went to teams during championship and went through what way I'm going to referee the game and if they have any questions in relation to the rules or how I'll apply them. I've no problem doing that again, I hope at the time it gave the players a view point that they hadn't asked before. Ive done this as a manager as Tyrdub will testify one night in Casement!

Did I happen to send you off that night?

Never in hurling have I been sent off ... Football, well couple of times, one for abuse to a ref lol, totally deserved  ;)

Deadly

love it  ;D