Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would ye whist

To be fair I think that each referee should hold a session with all their teams from minors up each season akin to that the referee has to go through himself in relation to the rules etc, take time to explain the rules, what is new, what a player misunderstands. What amazes me most what you notice from watching games is that even after a good few years some club players do not understand the kick out mark rule! If all refs did this no player or manager has an excuse to question technically correct decisions. The ref should not be out of pocket either as if this is a sole football club he could have at least 4 teams to do this with therefore their club should be sorting them out for it

Tyrdub

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 07, 2022, 03:07:55 PM
I agree with you, I took the time to actually read the rules a few years back when I was badgered into taking the u14's. The game would suffer if refs completely applied the book to the letter. It would be great in an ideal world if everyone's version of 'common sense' was the same in applying the rules. I'm sure if we (supporters) we're videoed and mic'd up there would be plenty of embarrassment and belated apologies coming the way of the refs. Rules tests should be part and parcel of being allowed to take a team as well I feel. Sidelines have been a disgrace for a long time. I still wouldn't take my kids anywhere near a dug out when going to a game.

Now there's a bloody great idea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on April 07, 2022, 03:22:47 PM
To be fair I think that each referee should hold a session with all their teams from minors up each season akin to that the referee has to go through himself in relation to the rules etc, take time to explain the rules, what is new, what a player misunderstands. What amazes me most what you notice from watching games is that even after a good few years some club players do not understand the kick out mark rule! If all refs did this no player or manager has an excuse to question technically correct decisions. The ref should not be out of pocket either as if this is a sole football club he could have at least 4 teams to do this with therefore their club should be sorting them out for it

I've went to teams during championship and went through what way I'm going to referee the game and if they have any questions in relation to the rules or how I'll apply them. I've no problem doing that again, I hope at the time it gave the players a view point that they hadn't asked before. Ive done this as a manager as Tyrdub will testify one night in Casement!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

not slabbering just asking - is there a time limit on o long a ref plays advantage?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 07, 2022, 09:49:08 PM
not slabbering just asking - is there a time limit on o long a ref plays advantage?

5 seconds depends how long you count or how quick you count
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

I know wtf like an absolute disgrace. Played 4 won 4, I mean what are they playing at, jeez. You obviously aren't aware of our history with Ahoghill. On a separate note I think messiah is a bit strong and aren't expecting miracles, just improvement. Also reality is JMcK will be given a bit more leniency as he is "one of our own", have you counted how many times Peter Canavan has been seen this year in pg1?

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 07, 2022, 08:40:08 AM
BS and Rc, not much seems to have changed with PG1 since Barry Dillons tenure, still struggling to get past the like of Ahoghill, i thought yous were saying with the messiah and God involved PG1 would move up through the gears?

country bumpkin

Quote from: rogercasement on April 07, 2022, 10:11:01 PM
I know wtf like an absolute disgrace. Played 4 won 4, I mean what are they playing at, jeez. You obviously aren't aware of our history with Ahoghill. On a separate note I think messiah is a bit strong and aren't expecting miracles, just improvement. Also reality is JMcK will be given a bit more leniency as he is "one of our own", have you counted how many times Peter Canavan has been seen this year in pg1?

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 07, 2022, 08:40:08 AM
BS and Rc, not much seems to have changed with PG1 since Barry Dillons tenure, still struggling to get past the like of Ahoghill, i thought yous were saying with the messiah and God involved PG1 would move up through the gears?

Jeez RC, only beating a Cloney team.missing a number of influential.players by a point does not hint at a team going places and to be considered serious contenders....

Do you really believe .....??

rogercasement

You would want to read my message carefully.

country bumpkin

Quote from: rogercasement on April 07, 2022, 10:31:01 PM

I did..and have a young nephew In your tanks but for the life of me I cannot see PG1 as serious contenders.
True you do have a passage to the last four less testing that most but as to contenders for a senior title I feel a strong bench and a couple of minor titles gained is a must.....

country bumpkin

Only my humble opinion....sorry

rogercasement

If you read my posts I don't consider us a serious contenders either but I do see improvement and that's what we want. Ahoghill can't be used as a barometer because they raide their game 400% against us, put 15 behind the ball, pull drag and kick, we should have done better but conditions were horrendous, pleasing to see a bit of bottle towards the end.

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 07, 2022, 10:42:31 PM

I did..and have a young nephew In your tanks but for the life of me I cannot see PG1 as serious contenders.
True you do have a passage to the last four less testing that most but as to contenders for a senior title I feel a strong bench and a couple of minor titles gained is a must.....

Saffsof82

oisin kerr has left the senior panel ffs

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2022, 04:18:17 PM

I've went to teams during championship and went through what way I'm going to referee the game and if they have any questions in relation to the rules or how I'll apply them. I've no problem doing that again, I hope at the time it gave the players a view point that they hadn't asked before. Ive done this as a manager as Tyrdub will testify one night in Casement!

Did I happen to send you off that night?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on April 08, 2022, 08:59:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2022, 04:18:17 PM

Did I happen to send you off that night?

Never in hurling have I been sent off ... Football, well couple of times, one for abuse to a ref lol, totally deserved  ;)

country bumpkin