Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogercasement

Johnnies at 16s very unlucky last year! If they get fitzpatrick out I'd be having a nibble on them.

bannside

There's always an upset or two in most championships, no one unbeatable in Antrim any more, makes it all much more interesting. I got a bit of 12/1 each way on Casements, thought the odds were big. Creggan massive price at 10/3.

EOC1923

With that draw you got anything other than a final will be a failure for you

paddyjohn

Cargin V PG1 final.

Creggan are like Rangers. Spent a fortune and are one season wonders during a covid year.

😉😉

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 05, 2022, 10:39:14 PM
Cargin V PG1 final.

Creggan are like Rangers. Spent a fortune and are one season wonders during a covid year.

😉😉

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 05, 2022, 10:39:14 PM
Cargin V PG1 final.

😉😉

Big shout PJ as some would suggest those Toome men are struggling to retain their status.
True the draw has opened up an easy access to the Bannisiders but Cargin have a tougher road to travel.

bannside

Bookies have Cargin favourites for a reason. 9 county panellists last year, 8 county under 20 panellists this year, as we have been reminded by CB on numerous occasions, speaks volumes for the wellbeing of Cargin. No one touting the demise of Erins Own anytime soon...in fact it's obvious the conveyor belt is as strong as ever. Still the club to beat

country bumpkin

Facts are facts BS but I must have been having as you passed remark a 'senior moment' when I said one a singular occasion on Cargin's number within 'senior county panel'.
I did state 5 senior and 8 under 20s....

Indeed the latter figure points to the well established under age development within and the further encouragement received in South Derry.

Saffsof82

6 u20s called into senior panel and 1 already there, building for the future

bannside

I said LAST year's senior panel, wasn't there 17 players on it shared between Cargin and Creggan representatives? I take it players like Bradso and Justy etc are still involved with you?

Saffsof82

st enda v tir na nog   home
ahoghill v pg1           away
ld v johnnies             away
cargin v st b's           home
aghagallon v creggan  away
galls v gorts               home
daviits v all saints      away
grove v sarsfields      home
mglass v glenavy      home
dunloy v glenravel     away
st t's v rasharkin       away

country bumpkin

Wouldn't be confident Creggan minus county contingent will take the points up at Aghagallon....

rogercasement

Don't forget today is the first of Ahoghill's 4 important matches this year. Doesn't matter what they do in any other game if they can beat us!

rogercasement

I rest my case.
We need to get over this mental block we have off playing Ahoghill that's the bottom line.
However if they showed the same attitude and commitment and FIGHT against all teams they would never have to worry about relegation.

EOC1923

St Brigids down visiting tonight, with their hi tech video equipment. The Braveheart soundtrack must of been on coming down the M2. A lot of off the ball stuff, a lot of very well spoken slabbering from their players, management and supporters but true to form nothing to back up the bravado. Our young team should of won by more.
Big win for Tir na Nog tonight, that caught my eye.