Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

I get your point RC, I can recall seeing some Antrim players posing for photos all smiles on the pitch with their families are being thrashed by Tyrone. Most of these players have been cleared out but RC is right the attitude now totally different than under the previous manger.

Would ye whist

Does MR2 spend his time on the pitch arguing over nonsense like this, the point was clear

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on February 28, 2022, 01:05:00 PM
I get your point RC, I can recall seeing some Antrim players posing for photos all smiles on the pitch with their families are being thrashed by Tyrone. Most of these players have been cleared out but RC is right the attitude now totally different than under the previous manger.
On the same wavelength as yourself  EOC, talking to panellists regularly they are certainly on the right track

Current management do not suffer those who would be on board "just for the craic'.

Antrim are being led on a positive trail and they have learned to believe..
Long way such mindset linger.......

Milltown Row2

You probably didnt see the Hurlers yesterday after that defeat, very difficult to take considering we had a great chance to at least draw level. they posed with kids for photos and signed hurls for ages after the dust had settled.

Kids look up to the seniors so while they probably feel crap after losing the correct thing to do is pose and sign the hurls, nothing wrong with that.

I get the point that RC has laid claim to I don't understand why players in the past 50 odd years would be bothered to just turn up for the jersey and limelight it would bring, and then blame previous managers because of it, there are players on the team now that have been on the panel for over 12 years are they part of that culture of ones RC is talking about?

We'd have to go back to Baker to find a team that enjoyed playing with skill and determination, but we also had better players, its all very easy to blame previous managers but you'd be going back a brave few years and a lot of managers. There has to be a fair bitta blame on that players also.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2022, 02:04:28 PM
You probably didnt see the Hurlers yesterday after that defeat, very difficult to take considering we had a great chance to at least draw level. they posed with kids for photos and signed hurls for ages after the dust had settled.

Kids look up to the seniors so while they probably feel crap after losing the correct thing to do is pose and sign the hurls, nothing wrong with that.

I get the point that RC has laid claim to I don't understand why players in the past 50 odd years would be bothered to just turn up for the jersey and limelight it would bring, and then blame previous managers because of it, there are players on the team now that have been on the panel for over 12 years are they part of that culture of ones RC is talking about?

We'd have to go back to Baker to find a team that enjoyed playing with skill and determination, but we also had better players, its all very easy to blame previous managers but you'd be going back a brave few years and a lot of managers. There has to be a fair bitta blame on that players also.

The problem with Antrim football at the moment is that we seem to produce a solid team every 10 or so years, that last for 1-2 years.

In between times we are always rebuilding. The trick is how do we shorten the time period to produce the next team and how do we prolong their success.

We had a good team around the 2000's (White), then around 2007-2010 (Baker) and this group looks to have good potential 2023. And we're not talking about Div 1 std, we're talking about just being competitive

bannside

That is the trick KCSC. Solving it is the challenge.

JimStynes

Do primary school children play at half time during Antrim league games?

bannside

I went to it Ref. We were competitive for large parts as you say..Down got a good start and managed the game well after that, we never looked like getting a result. But fair play, we didn't throw in the towel and our best spell was the last ten minutes when we were chipping back at their lead.

I thought the subs made a positive contribution and had a bit of zip about their game that was missing in a number of starters. We continue to carry balls into tackles unlike the opposition and that's a regular feature across both games I've seen so far. Won't work at this level.

I'm not sure there is a couple of superstars that are going to hit the seniors in the next year or two and make a difference. But there are three or four who wouldn't be out of place given natural progression.

There isn't enough of a threat upfront either from what I've seen.  Maybe the team needs jigged about a bit, a couple of subs caught the eye towards the end during our best spell.

Saffrongael

Quote from: JimStynes on March 01, 2022, 10:49:08 AM

Yes i have been to both hurling league games and they were, I assume the football is the same
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffsof82

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 01, 2022, 11:04:04 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on March 01, 2022, 10:49:08 AM

Yes i have been to both hurling league games and they were, I assume the football is the same

Yep, same in football

tintin25

Do St Galls have a 2nds team in Division 3 or is that a typo on the website?

delgany

Quote from: tintin25 on March 01, 2022, 06:47:18 PM
Do St Galls have a 2nds team in Division 3 or is that a typo on the website?

It is a St.Galls Thirds team

Caesar

My own club would struggle to field a reserve team at times so fair play to St Galls if they have brought through the numbers to field a thirds team

Saffsof82

watched St Brigids last night in a challenge game, dont think they will be shaking up the league or championship this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on March 02, 2022, 08:34:15 AM
watched St Brigids last night in a challenge game, dont think they will be shaking up the league or championship this year.

You can't go with challenge games to be fair as a reflection of how a team will go the rest of the season, I've seen plenty to know this over the years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea