Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Great tribute video to anto finnEgan on the Antrim Facebook page.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2021, 11:38:47 AM
Great tribute video to anto finnEgan on the Antrim Facebook page.

Was very good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Just watched the tribute to Anto. A remarkable litany of moving and most meaningful testimonials from some of Antrims greatest Gaels. Well done to all involved..Anto - gone but never forgotten.

JimStynes

I hadn't realised he had played for LD. Why did he transfer to St. Paul's?

JimStynes

I suppose it's not that strange for Belfast men to play for several clubs. Thought the tribute video was brilliant, especially Kevin madden speaking. Would love to see the extended version.

Milltown Row2

Sweeny playing well for St Judes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

He's got a few Dublin club all stars. I think if he's played in the right position he is handy enough.

rogercasement

Was at Derry intermediate final today and took two things from it.
1. I wouldn't complain too much about our referees.
2. The standard of football at that level is definitely no better in Derry than Antrim.
Disappointed for Greenlough, they had enough chances though a wee bit like their near neighbours.

Calm Down

See an interesting video of Martin Kane on Twitter there from a second off in the semi final fit Greenlough, what are the views in this

https://twitter.com/martykane2011/status/1456971620975882244?s=21

rogercasement

A joke, I know he wasn't happy!

stiffler

Quote from: Calm Down on November 06, 2021, 07:30:21 PM
See an interesting video of Martin Kane on Twitter there from a second off in the semi final fit Greenlough, what are the views in this

https://twitter.com/martykane2011/status/1456971620975882244?s=21

I never realised he left Cargin.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

Feel sorry for Marty in this regard. When I watched it the last thing I thought he was going to get was a red. In retrospect, maybe a yellow and a throw ball..If Marty had played it off the lower leg, and not at pace into the midrift, the ten yards were secure. Marty missed the final and Greenlough lose by a point, it's a cruel game and shows how finely balanced some of these decisions are. Hopefully that's not Marty's last act as a player, he would still grace any team.

Any referees like to offer a more discerning view?

rogercasement

Marty would have been more than welcome on our side of the bann but I suppose he didn't want to come against Cargin, fair enough.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 06, 2021, 08:03:13 PM
I suppose it's not that strange for SW men to play for several clubs.  ;)
When they move to county Derry......

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: rogercasement on November 06, 2021, 08:24:48 PM
Marty would have been more than welcome on our side of the bann but I suppose he didn't want to come against Cargin, fair enough.

He prob thought it be better to play 1b in Derry versus 1a in Antrim....

(This too is a lighthearted post and i wish you all well for the remainder of your Saturday eves)