Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickham csc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2021, 04:32:13 PM
Now that the ref has been appointed, its only fair for me to have a chat on this thread. I've always came away from the thread during championship

Free count exactly the same for both teams, Cargin won 11 free's in the first half Creggan won 12, no technical fouls, Cargin had a few more advantage calls, one of which led to the goal. Creggan also picked up a yellow card, no notes or cards for Cargin.

Second half Cargin won more frees 11 frees to Creggan's 10. (even overall) Cargin had one for overcarrying call while Creggan had 1 throw ball and one overcarrying call also another yellow card.

As for the Gerard McCann hit, on reflection or after 3 views I understand why that would be looked at as a fair challenge, the ref has one second to call it, positionally had I been in a better place it could have been called differently so I'll take that one on the chin, but a tight call all the same.

I'm not sure what game CB was watching with those 'facts' I've watched it back recorded, timed and where the tackles happened and what came of them.

Cargin unusually missed a couple of easy frees for them, Tomas dropped one short and young Pat pulled one to the right of the post, very unlike the pair of them and Mick also missed from open play from about 21 yards out the right.

I wish Colm al the best, as said already on here, a very good ref and hopefully both teams allow him and his officials to do their job, we won't keep everyone happy, but we have a course every year for new ref's that are interested, you can PM me details and I'll forward them on to the referees panel. the quality of the armchair ref is of a very high standard and would be useful on days like Sunday

The big hit is /was a marginal call, and probably one of the tougher decisions to make on the day. I personally would have no issues if it wasn't called a foul as I feel the should hits are slowly ebbing away from football, )but are still present in hurling).

There are photos that indicate that the hit happened just in the front into the side chest not shoulder to shoulder. McCann clearly made a genuine attempt for a clean hit, so it was a tough one. Still not a big turning point, as our lad recovered straight away and was in the process of picking up the ball under no pressure before he realized it was a free, so the decision didn't prevent a turn over

Saffronaldo

"Free count exactly the same for both teams, Cargin won 11 free's in the first half Creggan won 12, no technical fouls, Cargin had a few more advantage calls, one of which led to the goal. Creggan also picked up a yellow card, no notes or cards for Cargin.

Second half Cargin won more frees 11 frees to Creggan's 10. (even overall) Cargin had one for overcarrying call while Creggan had 1 throw ball and one overcarrying call also another yellow card"

How many frees in scoreable positions inside the 45 for each side? A free on the halfway line is very different from a tapover free in front of the posts....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffronaldo on November 04, 2021, 05:46:39 PM
"Free count exactly the same for both teams, Cargin won 11 free's in the first half Creggan won 12, no technical fouls, Cargin had a few more advantage calls, one of which led to the goal. Creggan also picked up a yellow card, no notes or cards for Cargin.

Second half Cargin won more frees 11 frees to Creggan's 10. (even overall) Cargin had one for overcarrying call while Creggan had 1 throw ball and one overcarrying call also another yellow card"

How many frees in scoreable positions inside the 45 for each side? A free on the halfway line is very different from a tapover free in front of the posts....

In the second half alone, Cargin had 6 inside or on the 45... Tomas hit one dropped short about 10 feet, Pat missed from the D, Mick hit one short and at the death hit one short, the other two they scored. Watch it back
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HealthySaff

Colm is a good lad. Does he know how it goes if the match is a draw after extra time?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HealthySaff on November 04, 2021, 06:19:11 PM
Colm is a good lad. Does he know how it goes if the match is a draw after extra time?

He'll be grand, this is a great game with no baggage for both team, there's no history between them and both can play. After 13 years Colm has his first final, more than earned, but sure some here know best
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BealnaBlath

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2021, 06:31:11 PM
Quote from: HealthySaff on November 04, 2021, 06:19:11 PM

He'll be grand, this is a great game with no baggage for both team, there's no history between them and both can play. After 13 years Colm has his first final, more than earned, but sure some here know best

Shocked to hear that's his first final. I thought he did the Cargin/Creggan or Johnnies/Hannahstown a few years back. He did a super job of the hurling final last year. Would like to see more of the Laverty's/Doherty/McAuley if this world get trained up to ref some hurling also. I think they would be super at it. Maybe just me, I think football refereeing standard slightly better than hurling.

JimStynes

Thanks for the PM with the referee details MR2. Can't wait to get stuck in next year. I hear the mileage rate is decent! Anyone know where I could get a jacuzzi?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 04, 2021, 08:32:15 PM
Thanks for the PM with the referee details MR2. Can't wait to get stuck in next year. I hear the mileage rate is decent! Anyone know where I could get a jacuzzi?

The PM's are flooding in  :o

paddyjohn

Forget being a ref. Be a paid manager and get to verbally abuse refs instead 😉

imtommygunn

You'd get a stalker on this forum too :D

rogercasement

Rich coming from me but too much ref chat on here!!

Milltown Row2

Yeah I'd much prefer to talk about the next game tbf, how do you see it panning out ?

paddyjohn

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2021, 08:58:07 PM
Yeah I'd much prefer to talk about the next game tbf, how do you see it panning out ?

I think Creggan will just shade it. They've lost a few and they will be wanting to rectify that.

Creggan by 3.

EOC1923

Quote from: rogercasement on November 04, 2021, 08:55:33 PM
Rich coming from me but too much ref chat on here!!
That's probably because there's 5 or 6 serving referees who constantly post on here