Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer

Good to see common sense prevailed. Should be a cracking final. Creggan be firm favorites and rightly so. However aghagallon have some cracking forwards and cut through pg1 at ease a few times yesterday. Looking forward to it.

Gold

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 01, 2021, 02:31:50 PM
the CCC by the letter of the law should enforce a replay
it's not nice but if they want to enforce the rules then they have only one option, its very hard on St Marys

f**k you are bustin for a replay

If you win you won't be able to drink out of the hollow cup
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

Quote from: Mickey Linden on November 01, 2021, 04:47:42 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 04:34:14 PM
You see I don't know what % of clubs would take it on the chin, and how many would not. It's easy for a club to say it wouldn't until they are in that position.

I appreciate your sentiment Champion. You say most clubs would object, that's interesting.

So IF most clubs would, why would PG1 be the big bad wolf if they do so? Just asking!

I would be deeply embarrassed if shoe was on other foot and Aghagallon lodged an appeal on a technicality had they lost out yesterday. As I said earlier, it was an epic game of football. Both sets of fans were treated to a thrilling afternoon of hard hitting, fair football. Im being 100% serious and honest here. I just cant see how PG1 have a right to feel aggrieved after such a game. Im actually shocked to read some of the comments on here. Surely to God the vast majority of Gaels would feel the same way? I must be badly out of touch of how the game is going

I'm absolutely neutral and absolutely shocked at PG1

All the PG1 on here can say they feel sorry for AGN but they are all busting for a replay

A County win after being beaten fair and square would be asterix filled.  For years teams will be deriding them...."go and appeal it sure" etc

Plenty of sportsmen In Pg1 club will be scundered (embarrassed!!)today
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

Gold look this hasn't sat easily with me at any stage, and I'm talking to plenty of others in the club who feel the same way. The Antrim CCC decision makes no difference whatsoever to be honest. The appeal (if it even goes ahead) was always going to be decided at provincial level, having said that, with a very optimistic chance of success. It hasn't come to that yet, tonight will be a period of discussion and reflection.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gold on November 01, 2021, 07:14:22 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 01, 2021, 02:31:50 PM
the CCC by the letter of the law should enforce a replay
it's not nice but if they want to enforce the rules then they have only one option, its very hard on St Marys

f**k you are bustin for a replay

If you win you won't be able to drink out of the hollow cup

Shouldn't be sharing the cup anyway due to covid..

bannside

Too many people jumping to conclusions here. Atm PG1 have solely asked for clarification from Antrims CCC. That's the current state of play. If or when an application is made to appeal to Ulster youse can all get a chance to say what you think of Casements. Until then you'de be best to hold your counsel. Some of you are making the job harder, start calling a lot of names and pontificating when you don't even really know for certain what your own club would do.

geezer

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 07:47:08 PM
Too many people jumping to conclusions here. Atm PG1 have solely asked for clarification from Antrims CCC. That's the current state of play. If or when an application is made to appeal to Ulster youse can all get a chance to say what you think of Casements. Until then you'de be best to hold your counsel. Some of you are making the job harder, start calling a lot of names and pontificating when you don't even really know for certain what your own club would do.

I think the main issue is that is shouldnt have come to this in the 1st place. Pg1 agreed to the extra time and are now debating an appeal because the result didnt go your way. Wouldnt think it will sit well with many gaels. The club should just take the loss and move on. Yous will be back for years to come, no doubt about that.

bannside

There's a helluva lot of Gaels in Portglenone agree completely with you Geezer.

JimStynes

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 08:13:44 PM

Who's leading this Bannside? As from what I've heard it's not the players.

123Bigball

Management be pushing it. Take them to the final, gets another year and another payday regardless of the final result

stiffler

Quote from: 123Bigball on November 01, 2021, 08:28:41 PM
Management be pushing it. Take them to the final, gets another year and another payday regardless of the final result

Did they not step down after yesterday's defeat?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

geezer

Its just a shame its came to this after such a fantastic, evenly contested game. Boths teams had the chance to win it in normal and extra time and aghagallon just done enough in the end. Nobody can begrudge st marys place in the final. Portglenone should do the right thing and just leave it, will restore a bit of credibility. Both teams and club officials agreed to the extra time and thats the bottom line really.

rogercasement

I'm sure we will survive Jim lol.
A lot of people passing judgement on this before the facts have been made clear, that will be done in due course!
Whilst we are on the subject of rules, I thought dogs were not allowed in GAA grounds (those that know will know) 😄

Flanker

Quote from: JimStynes on November 01, 2021, 08:19:17 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 08:13:44 PM

Who's leading this Bannside? As from what I've heard it's not the players.
Jim if you were at the top table and had received the rules /guidelines hadn't read them and were partially culpable for them not being followed you might be feeling a little uncomfortable and under pressure. Like every club there would be plenty of strong robust characters around PG1 who   are probably pushing hard for an appeal.. do what it takes type attitude. There will be others who take a more considered view and look at the bigger picture. This is probably being played out at present.  The top table sometimes need a bit of time to bring the majority with them. Club politics and interests can make this a delicate balancing act. Things like this can make or break a club for a number of years. Good sense should prevail. Unfortunate that it happened and unfortunate that with social media it got legs very quickly. In years gone by it was easier to sort things out and keep a lid on them.
This all assumes PG1 got the rules /guidelines in the first place. If not then that's a different story

JimStynes

Quote from: rogercasement on November 01, 2021, 08:36:59 PM
I'm sure we will survive Jim lol.
A lot of people passing judgement on this before the facts have been made clear, that will be done in due course!
Whilst we are on the subject of rules, I thought dogs were not allowed in GAA grounds (those that know will know) 😄

That'll be the next of it! A replay ordered due to a dog in the ground! Ironically the dog's name is Frank!