Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Thing there is at u12, u14 you can have a strong batch a crucially a big number into their last year at a level - by the time they get to minor a 16 or 17 yr old may not be as out of their depth as they would be at U12 U14.  Plus of course lads develop at different rates etc.

Hectic

When do the championships begin?  Plus what, if any, are the big ties in the first round?

Hectic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Feis Cup final tonight over in Loughgiel. Dunloy v Rasharkin at 7:30pm

Should be a decent game if the rain stays away all evening. we have actually got a full panel to pick from
hurl like f**k boi!

Stillwater2

Bit of a shock in Div 3 Football yest, with Lisburn beating Glenravel.

Leaves O Donnells to take 2nd position in the league

Hectic

Yeah pretty poor stuff from Glenravel this year - I thought having won the Junior last year and entering a very weak Div 3 this year that they would be promoted easily and possibly as Champions.  Instead they are clearly going backwards.

country bumpkin

Casement's failing to get a top six finishing place in div one was a surprise.
Cargin have four games at home in the second phase and look favourites to retain the Eddie Fitz trophy ???

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Hectic on July 10, 2017, 03:12:55 PM
Yeah pretty poor stuff from Glenravel this year - I thought having won the Junior last year and entering a very weak Div 3 this year that they would be promoted easily and possibly as Champions.  Instead they are clearly going backwards.

Would you say that Glenravels season is...........................................unravelling?

stiffler

Quote from: country bumpkin on July 10, 2017, 04:36:40 PM
Cargin have four games at home in the second phase and look favourites to retain the Eddie Fitz trophy ???

Surprised by this, was expecting portglenone to push on this year and challenge Cargin for the league title.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on July 10, 2017, 11:04:10 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on July 10, 2017, 04:36:40 PM

Surprised by this, was expecting portglenone to push on this year and challenge Cargin for the league title.

?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Yeah think Portglenone will be a little disappointed not to have progressed onward this season in terms of league though Div 1 I always think it a little different to the rest where as long as you are not going down you can then decide to go all out and finish as high as possible or alternatively try things out, try players out and get yourself geared for Championship.  This differs from the other two divisions where to progress teams want to be playing at as high a level as possible so will be aiming for the top two places from the get go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hectic on July 11, 2017, 08:10:01 AM
Yeah think Portglenone will be a little disappointed not to have progressed onward this season in terms of league though Div 1 I always think it a little different to the rest where as long as you are not going down you can then decide to go all out and finish as high as possible or alternatively try things out, try players out and get yourself geared for Championship.  This differs from the other two divisions where to progress teams want to be playing at as high a level as possible so will be aiming for the top two places from the get go.

But Stiffler was saying he expected them to win the league or thereabouts?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 11, 2017, 08:40:17 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 11, 2017, 08:10:01 AM

But Stiffler was saying he expected them to win the league or thereabouts?

There's a difference between winning and challenging as any spurs fan will tell you  ;)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on July 10, 2017, 03:12:55 PM

Was speaking to a Glenravel player at the Feis Final on Sunday night, couldn't believe it when he told me what had happened. He told me that they've lost 4 from the panel last year ad that injuries and holidays have left them thread bare over the last few weeks, when they needed a full panel.