Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

Not for me. After travelling to most games last year I finished up by concluding that what was on offer wasn't worth going to. I hope that changes this year.

paddyjohn

I'm tipping a load of last years turf on Sunday, 500 bags or there abouts, if anybody wants some preseason training..

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on February 02, 2017, 10:46:03 PM
Not for me. After travelling to most games last year I finished up by concluding that what was on offer wasn't worth going to. I hope that changes this year.
You are hard to please then BB.......never lost a league game and gained promotion so logic should dictate with the Vision within we will make progress :)

BrendanAntrim

it was the championship performances that switched me off CB, I was delighted to be in Wicklow when we gained promotion, and hopes were high heading into the summer....

BrendanAntrim

Listened to the commentary today, interested to hear from anyone who was at it. It sounded like we did well overall, certainly better than most of us would have thought. Ryan Murray's black card sounded like an injustice and he was clearly having a big impact. Staying up in this Division is the first aim, and today's was perhaps one of the toughest fixtures. Even a point would have been very welcome but the performance will offer grounds for optimism.

bannside

Didn't make it myself Brendan. Going five points up after 23 minutes gave us cause for optimism, but losing the next 47 minutes by ten points a dose of reality maybe.

No easy games in this league but hopefully we can nick a point or two in the next couple of games to give us any kind of lifeline to cling to.

Great weekend wins for Fermanagh and Monaghan put our Mc Kenna cup performances into perspective. But we need our best players out...and soon.

paddyjohn

It was superb to see the PRO down with the lads on Sunday, the live footage on them coming off the bus was good, Sean Kelly deserves every bit of recognition he deserves, a top top man.

Hectic

In danger of sounding like some sort of love in there PaddyJohn..

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on February 07, 2017, 03:12:52 PM

I've had a few negative posts on the board and I've decided to give credit where credit is due. The coverage of the Club Championships last year was excellent and the coverage of the scor etc was really good.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 07, 2017, 03:42:28 PM
Quote from: Hectic on February 07, 2017, 03:12:52 PM

I've had a few negative posts on the board and I've decided to give credit where credit is due. The coverage of the Club Championships last year was excellent and the coverage of the scor etc was really good.
The present PRO is bu far the best I can remember PJ and despite not arriving as a Visionary he has proved a splendid appointment......the coverage of the championships last year was indeed excellent and I have had such remarks from friends in Oz, NZ, and the USA who were delighted to see those games as super recordings.
Think Sean will make a great Chairman...in time.

stiffler

Any word when fixtures will be released ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

country bumpkin

Quote from: stiffler on February 07, 2017, 05:16:29 PM
No fixtures as yet Stiffler but another meeting next week................we await the 'swearing in' of the CCC................hear this body isn't overloaded with South West members.......think there is but one in that body.
Wont be many championship games out in the sticks this year I think............well unless we need lights.
Was surprised to hear that the top guns in the county did not think it within their remit to show appreciation to the PRO following his further success in Ulster and it was left up an individual to remind delegates of such at the end of the meeting under AOB.....
Only in Antrim ???

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 07, 2017, 06:59:21 PM
Quote from: stiffler on February 07, 2017, 05:16:29 PM
No fixtures as yet Stiffler but another meeting next week................we await the 'swearing in' of the CCC................hear this body isn't overloaded with South West members.......think there is but one in that body.
Wont be many championship games out in the sticks this year I think............well unless we need lights.
Was surprised to hear that the top guns in the county did not think it within their remit to show appreciation to the PRO following his further success in Ulster and it was left up an individual to remind delegates of such at the end of the meeting under AOB.....
Only in Antrim ???

Surely somebody is winding you up.. early success in Ulster and the SV don't congratulate the recipient? With the amount of social media coverage that's happening, somebody is bound to of saw it.

FermGael

Any body got directions to the dunsilly centre of excellence ?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

imtommygunn

Get onto the m2 at belfast and drive until the ballymena exit. This is the dunsilly roundabout. Take your first left to antrim and it is just in on your left.

You shouldn't have much non motorway driving at all.

N.b. I have not been there but amm 99% sure where it is. The finer detail of last turn offs etc someone else can answer but if they don't that should get you there or thereabouts.