Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

I'm sure there is a few clubs trying to gain new players..

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 06, 2017, 09:28:28 AM
I'm sure there is a few clubs trying to gain new players..

Id say you are right alright.

paddyjohn

Seems 2017 really is in with the new and out with the old on the county board, thanks for the effort and work Owen Elliot.

Another ex ref from Belfast on the S Vision CB to keep TR company.

country bumpkin

Heard that PJ......if true u can bet ur last penny that the Milltown Blues will be well pleased.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on January 06, 2017, 03:13:09 PM
Heard that PJ......if true u can bet ur last penny that the Milltown Blues will be well pleased.....

If we had Connelly and the Gouch we'd still struggle
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2017, 08:57:18 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on January 06, 2017, 03:13:09 PM

If we had Connelly and the Gouch we'd still struggle

Surely they both have family ties in St Galls, just like Mickey Pollock & The Burkes

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on January 06, 2017, 11:10:10 PM
Tbh, if you're to sleg St Galls about blow ins, you are really stretching it with the Burkes.

Who is slegging?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 06, 2017, 11:55:29 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 06, 2017, 11:10:10 PM
Tbh, if you're to sleg St Galls about blow ins, you are really stretching it with the Burkes.

Who is slegging?

What club are you from??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Even if some of the Belfast lads are transient surely there is some sort of balance for the country clubs in that they perhaps have a stronger association with one club. But to be fair it is not exclusive to city clubs, in fact far from it. Cargin and Glenravel won Championships last year with players transferred from other clubs.

Hectic

And Cloughmills won an Ulster in the hurling with certainly at least one prominent player from elsewhere though in that case the player that comes to mind probably had to move as his own side folded in terms of all county hurling. 

Maybe if clubs were actively recruiting the best talent from neighbouring clubs but then the clubs themselves are probably the ones that know the answer to that.

imtommygunn

In a lot of cases for the country clubs when players transfer they have moved there. I don't think you would find too many, if any, from cargin / glenravel who don't actually live there...

The city and country club dynamic is just different really. I imagine it is the same in a lot of cities in ireland.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2017, 08:49:04 AM
In a lot of cases for the country clubs when players transfer they have moved there. I don't think you would find too many, if any, from cargin / glenravel who don't actually live there...

The city and country club dynamic is just different really. I imagine it is the same in a lot of cities in ireland.

Glenravel have always had a few from C'Dal, Glenarriffe & Carnlough playing for them. Neil McManus, played and won underage leagues with them.

imtommygunn

Mostly underage guys though?

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2017, 09:58:46 AM
Mostly underage guys though?

There still is a few from the glens play for them at senior as far as I know. Could be 5/6

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 07, 2017, 09:55:34 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2017, 08:49:04 AM

Glenravel have always had a few from C'Dal, Glenarriffe & Carnlough playing for them. Neil McManus, played and won underage leagues with them.

That surely would be fair enough though given they are the local football club. Did they not have an ex county player from elsewhere star for them this season?