Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on December 19, 2016, 12:28:33 PM
Am thinking couple in Glenariffe, maybe 3 in Cushendall, couple in Carnlough and maybe the same in Glenarm and Cushendun - suppose that would not be too far off.

Glenravel, Waterfoot, Carnlough, Cushendall & Ballycastle.

Na Glinntí Glasa

have attempted that before, it never ends well nor do you ever make most the places lol
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 19, 2016, 03:50:09 PM
have attempted that before, it never ends well nor do you ever make most the places lol

tried it once, was sick for a few days.

bannside

Plan was Half Way house between Bmena and Carnlough. Then Paddy Diamonds, Saffron or Mariners, Central, Johnny Joes, Marys, Hunters, O Connors or Central in Ballycastle and then Mushys Village Inn and poss Mullaghans in Rasharkin.

That was the plan but that didn't last long lol.

Back to the club for a few to finish off with a ballad group ...Shananigans from Derry.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on December 19, 2016, 05:23:19 PM
Plan was Half Way house between Bmena and Carnlough. Then Paddy Diamonds, Saffron or Mariners, Central, Johnny Joes, Marys, Hunters, O Connors or Central in Ballycastle and then Mushys Village Inn and poss Mullaghans in Rasharkin.

That was the plan but that didn't last long lol.

Back to the club for a few to finish off with a ballad group ...Shananigans from Derry.

Sounds good. Plenty of GAA pubs there.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on December 18, 2016, 10:16:28 PM
Few clubs changing manager this winter. Any news on appointments or who are the runners and riders?

Was out on Friday night in Belfast and was speaking to a few lads, Ballymena, Glenravel, Ahoghill all require new managers.

Hectic

You would imagine whoever takes over both Ballymena and Glenravel should be looking at promotion handy enough. Ahoghill might have a bit more of a challenge on their hands.  Would it be fair to assume that all three would probably promote within their ranks?  I know Ballymena and Glenravel did the outside experiment recently without kicking on.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on December 20, 2016, 02:44:11 PM
You would imagine whoever takes over both Ballymena and Glenravel should be looking at promotion handy enough. Ahoghill might have a bit more of a challenge on their hands.  Would it be fair to assume that all three would probably promote within their ranks?  I know Ballymena and Glenravel did the outside experiment recently without kicking on.

As I've said before, I work with a lad from Glenravel and he said the outside experiment didn't work at all. he is under the impression that there is decent men inside the club to take it on.

country bumpkin

Despite suggestions to the contrary and some rumours about JB is back in Cargin.
Believe he may have a change in his backroom staff.
Hear we have had several transfer requests inwards which may well be turned down..also hear Ger O'O Boyle is anticipating comeback .......but big Mc Kernan is away to Oz... :(

Hoof Hearted

Ballymena will get it tight enough to go straight back up - the intermediate league is quite competitive. They aren't are an overly outstanding side to suggest promotion is a given
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hectic

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 20, 2016, 04:13:03 PM

Ballymena will get it tight enough to go straight back up - the intermediate league is quite competitive. They aren't are an overly outstanding side to suggest promotion is a given

I would have thought that division 2 is weaker now than the one Ballymena got promoted from with the subsequent restructuring. Ardoyne and Antrim will probably be straight back down. Endas and a couple of others will have their eye on promotion but Ballymena in my opinion are still a bit stronger.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Hectic on December 20, 2016, 10:58:10 PM

I would have thought that division 2 is weaker now than the one Ballymena got promoted from with the subsequent restructuring. Ardoyne and Antrim will probably be straight back down. Endas and a couple of others will have their eye on promotion but Ballymena in my opinion are still a bit stronger.

the 2 places will be between Bmena, St Brigids, Glenavy + Moneyglass
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 21, 2016, 10:30:12 AM
Quote from: Hectic on December 20, 2016, 10:58:10 PM

the 2 places will be between Bmena, St Brigids, Glenavy + Moneyglass

Moneyglass started at a serious pace last year and fell away. Ballymena won't be far away but McVeigh being out could hurt them.

Hectic

Nobody fancy St Enda's chances then?  I am sure that will sit fine with them.  Given their profile they should be on an upward trajectory and were not far away last year. 

Galer

Mglass cannot b as bad as last year,ballymena will go straight back up maybe brigids but st endas dont think it as bad as the league is there still lightweights and still to many streetwise teams like st pauls to chip points off them