Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Look you cannot account for the actions or words of one individual - if we did all our clubs would be in disrepute.

As predicted for a long time Aghagallon were going to take some stopping this year and so it proved - this level in particular is designed for a squad with good unity, all driving forward together with a good dose of senior football.  Achieving at senior was def the catalyst but there is a lot of talent in this squad and should they stick together and stick at it Aghagallon will be an established Div 1 team for the foreseeable.

Again predicted an easy win for Aldergrove and while I did not get to see it by all accounts they managed without breaking sweat.

bannside

The West's Awake, The West's Awake!

So is the South West in general. Clean sweep of championships including Minor, U-21A&B, Junior, Intermediate, Senior Reserve and Senior.

Unprecedented. A really good chance most of us won't ever see this again in our lifetimes.

The Gs Man

Quote from: Hectic on December 05, 2016, 10:54:01 AM
Look you cannot account for the actions or words of one individual - if we did all our clubs would be in disrepute.

Indeed.  Emotions were very high and to be fair, the majority of people were trying to get things settled down.
Keep 'er lit

Pocs pints and the gaa

Quote from: bannside on December 05, 2016, 11:12:01 AM

So is the South West in general. Clean sweep of championships including Minor, U-21A&B, Junior, Intermediate, Senior Reserve and Senior.

Unprecedented. A really good chance most of us won't ever see this again in our lifetimes.

Sure aghagallon are North? North Armagh

paddyjohn

Gort Na Mona won the reserve shield.

Say nothing though, City GAA is where it's all happening.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hectic on December 05, 2016, 10:54:01 AM

As predicted for a long time Aghagallon were going to take some stopping this year and so it proved - this level in particular is designed for a squad with good unity, all driving forward together with a good dose of senior football.  Achieving at senior was def the catalyst but there is a lot of talent in this squad and should they stick together and stick at it Aghagallon will be an established Div 1 team for the foreseeable.

Again predicted an easy win for Aldergrove and while I did not get to see it by all accounts they managed without breaking sweat.
As u say my friend but Aghagallom have not as yet done it at 'senior' level.
Next season will provide different opponents....when u can come to Toome, or Milltown, Hannahstown, Corrigan etc and gain the day then utter those 'have done it at senior' words.

JimStynes

Quote from: concernedgaa on December 04, 2016, 10:33:52 PM
GS man find that hard to believe That's never nor ever will be the Roosa way! Never relied on others to win a match by default or otherwise. But to be honest IMO. The ref was a 16th man for aghallion  sad but that's the reality

Your Davitt's team mates didn't help the Rossa team at all. The big fella in midfield was putting in late tackles all day and then got put off. He was doing you more harm than good. Half your bench, players and management were over the wire involved in the fight in the crowd. We got a bit of luck with one of the penalties but we have been on the end of plenty of shite referring decisions over the years so maybe we were due one.

As for Aghagallon at senior level. I would say the senior management will be well aware of the step up and will be trying to stay up next year and try establish themselves as a division 1 team. We have another good batch of minors coming through and we get the benefit of our players playing mccrory football in Lurgan. Even more of an emphasis needs to be put on our underage teams now and use this success to help push on from here.

JimStynes

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on December 05, 2016, 12:30:03 PM

Sure aghagallon are North? North Armagh

McGeeney was at the game yesterday sure.

JimStynes

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2016, 07:05:29 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 05, 2016, 06:41:51 PM
Quote from: concernedgaa on December 04, 2016, 10:33:52 PM
GS man find that hard to believe That's never nor ever will be the Roosa way! Never relied on others to win a match by default or otherwise. But to be honest IMO. The ref was a 16th man for aghallion  sad but that's the reality

Half your bench, players and management were over the wire involved in the fight in the crowd.
Jim, I was a fair distance from the fight but I feel that this is greatly exaggerated. I'm not sure why you would do that.

HS it was easy to spot the players with their white tops! The whole thing ended up a mess. Fights in the crowd should never happen in GAA, leave it to the soccer boys.

country bumpkin

Was within a few yards on the row and saw no Rossa players outside the perimeter fencing.......did see a few Rossa lads defending and seemed incensed on 'a 16 year old' getting hit and an Aghagallon lad with a cut eye......but he ref was a few yards away with black book in hand ???

country bumpkin

I see an Aghagallon individual tweeting complaining on the Cargin facilities................jeez he has some cheek I have been up to his neck of the woods a few times.......perhaps he would have liked to come down and gathered up the ton of rubbish left behind ::)

country bumpkin

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2016, 09:57:20 PM
Well I wrecked a good pair of Nike Air Max trekking out of the car park and ripped my shell suit trying to get over yer bastid fence. Joke of a venue.
Sorry about that HS....will certainly be replaced..but only footwear worn down here would be wellies.
Would u prefer black or green?
Never heard of a suit made from shells but what size are you in dungarees?

JimStynes

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2016, 09:36:51 PM
I see an Aghagallon individual tweeting complaining on the Cargin facilities................jeez he has some cheek I have been up to his neck of the woods a few times.......perhaps he would have liked to come down and gathered up the ton of rubbish left behind ::)

Who was the individual? I didn't hear one person complain about the grounds. Walking off the field at the end I did notice the amount of rubbish left behind on the grass bank by all 4 sets of supporters. A few wee lads were running about with bags gathering it up.

JimStynes

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2016, 09:57:20 PM
Well I wrecked a good pair of Nike Air Max trekking out of the car park and ripped my shell suit trying to get over yer bastid fence. Joke of a venue.

Have you ginger hair and about 16-18 years of age? Starting rows.

Clover

£7000 in the new business account I heard the footballers raised more at the boxing night show me the money saffron no vision 🤔