Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 05, 2016, 02:27:40 PM
Why is that game tonight in Ahoghill???  Couldnt they have fixed it for somewhere round Belfast?  Im right in thinking Laem Dearg is just outside Lisburn?

My guess ... makes sense

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Antrim Coaster

Think Ahoghill is the only ground available that has floodlights. Lamh Dhearg are playing Ulster JHC at the weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 05, 2016, 02:54:48 PM
Think Ahoghill is the only ground available that has floodlights. Lamh Dhearg are playing Ulster JHC at the weekend.

So why not have played it beforew the Cargin game? were Lamhs playing hurling last weekend also?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Cargin and Ballymena have floodlights as well.......but the organisation at Ahoghill is first rate, and money talks in gate receipts...... ???

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2016, 03:34:07 PM

So why not have played it beforew the Cargin game? were Lamhs playing hurling last weekend also?

I think they played their first round game in Ulster on Sunday past.

bannside

Will many Belfast Gaels be bothered travelling out to the countryside for a senior semi final?

Tonight's teams playing for a final place to stop Cargin making it a South West clean sweep of silverware this year.

KIDDO 4

24 gone, St Galls 1.0  Lamh Dhearg 0.1

paddyjohn

St Galls 1-0 Lamh Dhearg 0-1 after 25mins play.

Atrocious isn't the word. Give the championship to Cargin now.

KIDDO 4

Half time St Galls 1.2, Lamh Dhearg 0.1

imtommygunn

1-3 to 0-6

Close game.

1-0 after 20 minutes. Doesn't sound like a classic.

KIDDO 4

Galls 1.3 LAmh Dhearg 0.7, 18 gone second half

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2016, 09:11:08 PM
Is it a bad game??

Second half ok. CJ kicked 4 frees.

Lamh Dhearg kicking themselves.

country bumpkin

Was at Ahoghill and it was an awful game, but such has absolutely no bearing on the final to come....Gall's are certainly not the force of old but they stood tall when the Hannahstown men went ahead with ten minutes to go and dominating the breaking ball was the key to success.
True I am happy with the 9/4 I have but would certainly not be about to count my winnings............. ???