Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 24, 2016, 03:29:57 PM
A lot of games in the next couple of weeks......wonder will Cargin make the top seven...........think JB doesn't care ???

Not when you throw the precious league medals in the Bann!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

had the divers in MR2 but think somebody beat them to it..............maybe they are residing somewhere in the vicinity..............but no reward being offered for the return of ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 24, 2016, 07:25:42 PM
had the divers in MR2 but think somebody beat them to it..............maybe they are residing somewhere in the vicinity..............but no reward being offered for the return of ;)

I still think you'll come up short again against Cross, but should get closer than last time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Christmas Lights

Great to see a new 3G gaelic pitch setup in Poleglass. Really impressive facility and should benefit that area significantly in the next few years.  I assume that was mostly funded by Belfast City Council?

Gizzy15

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 30, 2016, 11:38:11 AM
Great to see a new 3G gaelic pitch setup in Poleglass. Really impressive facility and should benefit that area significantly in the next few years.  I assume that was mostly funded by Belfast City Council?

A messy one by all accounts, Mitchels put up somewhere in the region of £300,000 which was around 1/3 of the total costs i think. The rest was made up from Lisburn city council and a nearby fold housing or somthing like that. the project was then handed over to Belfast City council as it fell into their boundries after the Council mergers in 2015 and now Mitchels have to pay top dollar to play on it with their only perk being a perferred booking (they have pick of bookings). Being honest i don't fully understand how these things work as the agreement with LCC was that Mitchels were joint owners of the facility as such and but when the powers shifted to Belfast and their sourced out English Leisure company they got screwed over and have to pay to train/play on a facility they already paid for. Maybe it is that BCC had to pay for all new assets and as such LCC gained the money back and it is them screwing the club over but one thing is for sure it is messy and at the moment not suprising with all that is going on.

imtommygunn

Anyone at the minor game at the weekend? Any reports on it?

themac_23

Quote from: Gizzy15 on May 31, 2016, 09:01:15 AM

A messy one by all accounts, Mitchels put up somewhere in the region of £300,000 which was around 1/3 of the total costs i think. The rest was made up from Lisburn city council and a nearby fold housing or somthing like that. the project was then handed over to Belfast City council as it fell into their boundries after the Council mergers in 2015 and now Mitchels have to pay top dollar to play on it with their only perk being a perferred booking (they have pick of bookings). Being honest i don't fully understand how these things work as the agreement with LCC was that Mitchels were joint owners of the facility as such and but when the powers shifted to Belfast and their sourced out English Leisure company they got screwed over and have to pay to train/play on a facility they already paid for. Maybe it is that BCC had to pay for all new assets and as such LCC gained the money back and it is them screwing the club over but one thing is for sure it is messy and at the moment not suprising with all that is going on.

That is absolutely disgusting. i really hope Mitchells take this as far as they can, I'm sure securing that pitch as a home was seen as a springboard to getting the underage back going again, hope they get something sorted.

Gold

Totally agree...absolutely scandalous

That could finish a club.

300k for F all?
The county and Ulster Council and Croke Paek should step in and help in any way possible
Use some of that Bruce money to right this wrong
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gizzy15

Quote from: themac_23 on May 31, 2016, 10:15:10 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on May 31, 2016, 09:01:15 AM

That is absolutely disgusting. i really hope Mitchells take this as far as they can, I'm sure securing that pitch as a home was seen as a springboard to getting the underage back going again, hope they get something sorted.

Thats what got me, i've been talking to a few of them over the last 2 years and they had been saying that a lot of lads had done the coaching courses and the thoughts were once they had the facility up and running they would make a big push in the community to get young teams up and running. Disgrace

bannside

Was at Croker for the concert so missed the minor game ITG but from what I hear we were a match for them all over the pitch. Time will tell how good Donegal are but for sure there are some players coming through to look out for and it's great to see. Well done to everyone involved it was a good set up with a good management team/coaching staff that know what they are doing.

Dualta Duane

Really interested to know if Mitchells actually put up £300k.

Do Mitchells have a club house? certainly don't think they have any teams in any of the Sth Antrim or All county leagues.

So where would a club with no / very nearly no membership or club house (assuming they aint got one) have the means to stump up £300k?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dualta Duane on May 31, 2016, 02:10:32 PM
Really interested to know if Mitchells actually put up £300k.

Do Mitchells have a club house? certainly don't think they have any teams in any of the Sth Antrim or All county leagues.

So where would a club with no / very nearly no membership or club house (assuming they aint got one) have the means to stump up £300k?

They play in Div3 Football & are in the JFC>

As far as I'm aware they've done a massive power of work in the last few years.

country bumpkin

So Cargin and Gall's are in the senior reserve final................what chance the same pairing in the senior decider ???

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on May 31, 2016, 01:01:57 PM
Was at Croker for the concert so missed the minor game ITG but from what I hear we were a match for them all over the pitch. Time will tell how good Donegal are but for sure there are some players coming through to look out for and it's great to see. Well done to everyone involved it was a good set up with a good management team/coaching staff that know what they are doing.

I missed the game on sunday BS but for the first game I thought there looked like some very good players in there. Better than I've seen in antrim minor teams in a while.

bannside

Definitely better than average ITG. Two wins against Derry, beating Tyrone, and two good performances in the championship are a step up from what we normally get from our minors. Maybe Liam Quinn would have been worth a few scores too but for his injury. 

Scary thing is the good players who didn't make the panel. Eoghan Campbell (All Saints) Cormac Scott (St Endas) for example. Also Darren Grego can play from what I've seen (Rossa) and Matthew Hamill  (Glenavy) would have walked onto previous minor teams. Hopefully those lads don't feel raw about the way it turned out for them. Every one of them could be a county senior if they really go after it. I'm sure I have missed a few out too so sorry about that in advance.

Plus at least two if not three from St Brigids who took themselves off the panel earlier in the year. I was well impressed with half a dozen of them (not sure of names) when they played our minors a few weeks ago.

Challenge is getting the set up right for these lads in the next few years at under twenty one level which to be honest was a mish mash this year. Not sure who or what the reason was but management simply couldn't get players to buy in and attendances were poor .