Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Perhaps the hurling team did not choose to fly to London, but perhaps those in high places do lean slightly to those who wield the hurl.
Jeez despite the luxury of an overnight delivered they reached a new 'low' and a defeat inflicted by the Exiles.
I think London would struggle to beat the Cargin camogs. :P

optimus cheese

Would they yeah? Pretty disrespectful that don't you think? Enjoy the celebrations tonight CB

bannside

No one gloating Optimus. Bad day for Antrim hurling does not equal good day for Antrim Football. We are a dual county and both codes have been through ups and downs. But yes, the budget for both codes needs to be fairly distributed. The last I heard was it was approx 66%/33% in favour of hurling.

That's not equal in anyone's book.

BrendanAntrim

I dont imagine its the case that if there is say, £10,000 available there follows a 1/3 for football and 2/3 for hurling split. Surely both management teams present their plans and associated budgets at the start of the year and they are agreed after discussion with the Board?

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on March 21, 2016, 10:23:49 PM
I dont imagine its the case that if there is say, £10,000 available there follows a 1/3 for football and 2/3 for hurling split. Surely both management teams present their plans and associated budgets at the start of the year and they are agreed after discussion with the Board?
Aye imagination is the key word there Brendan.......................saw too many treasurer's reports over the years to swallow that one ;)

BrendanAntrim

i don't get that. the point i'm making is there is no pre determined split of available funds, but maybe i'm way off.

bannside

Big weekend for our footballers who go to Aughrim hoping to return up the road a division three team for next season. Hunger within the squad to do this is enormous, competition for places has never been better and apart from a few niggly injuries we should have a strong team out.

Weve been saying for years that if we get most of our best players out, and a good professional set up behind the scenes, that we should not be a division four team. A lot of work has gone into getting into this position where its all in our own hands at this stage. Lets kick the door down on the way out lads in the next few weeks, starting on Sunday.

SaffronHeart

Would give the whole county a lift BS especially after the disappointment served up by the hurlers. I seriously believe the sky is the limit for our footballers if we can build on promotion and maintain the competition within the squad. It is great to see. Day out in Croker aswell beckons if we can get the win. Aontroim Abu

bannside

One foot in Division Three. Five up at half time though we have a bit of breeze against us in the second half. Couldn`t make it down today as our club had a massive funeral service due to the death of Dermot Mc Aleeses uncle Liam.

I know BrendanfromBelfast is there with family and also following things on Antrim Twitter feed. COME ON LADS LETS GET THIS DONE TODAY.

Back to four now...

bannside

Wicklow bring it back to three -  a really dangerous lead. Next score vital. Bam makes it four again, now Mick makes it five...... COME ON LADS NEXT SCORE SHOULD DO IT.

bannside

WHAM BAM YOURE THE MAN. GOALLL. LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

KICK THE DOOR DOWN LADS.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

Four up now, four minutes left Gold. Thats three scores in a row to Wicklow. We just need one more to settle us.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Two Hands FFS