Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Can somebody please enlighten me what happens after 'the split'. I understand that the top section will be in competition as to the winners of the division.....but as to the second section are they only on striving to avoid relegation?

bannside

Yes that's it in a nutshell CB.

NAG1

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 25, 2016, 10:29:27 PM
Can somebody please enlighten me what happens after 'the split'. I understand that the top section will be in competition as to the winners of the division.....but as to the second section are they only on striving to avoid relegation?

If it goes anything like the hurling did, the teams in the top section will down tools in preparation for the Championship and you will end up with a lot of dud matches with everyone resting up their players.

All depends on timing of the games as well.

themac_23

Quote from: NAG1 on February 26, 2016, 12:15:22 PM

If it goes anything like the hurling did, the teams in the top section will down tools in preparation for the Championship and you will end up with a lot of dud matches with everyone resting up their players.

On the plus side, it kept Sarsfields in Division 2!

bannside

Another two points on offer today. Must be winning the home games if we see ourselves going into division three next year. 

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on February 26, 2016, 12:42:13 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 26, 2016, 12:15:22 PM

On the plus side, it kept Sarsfields in Division 2!

And?

bannside

Two good points and nice to show a bit of character when 5 down amd things looking bleak. The team now know they can do that so that's mentally in the locker too for another day.

Had we been 6 up we might have retreated into a protective shell like Carlow and Wexford match, inviting them onto us and left us hanging on by our fingertips.Being 5 down meant we had to attack the game and that suits us better with so many quality players. Let's trust them please. Today we opened up on the front foot and the team looked good and the crowd liked it too. 2.14 a good return. The crowd will come and support this. Management will have noted this too, so all in all a good day at the office. Well done to all.

SaffronHeart

Great second half. We have some smashing footballers when they focus. Your boys played well today bannside, mckeever dominated midfield and delargy acquitted himself superbly. Best on the park was James Laverty was best player on the park he seemed to be everywhere and Tomas tortured them. Bams goal at the end was icing on the cake, he oozes class.

Erinlong

Great second half. Some great play and hard work. Key moments in the game came from N Delargy turn over which lead to Tomas goal. That turned the game.
Second half Antrim came out with a renewed confidence and started to play.
Antrim have the forwards midfield and defence if the focus stays.

bannside

James Laverty was fantastic today Saffronheart. He threw the shackles off (and Kobo too) when we needed leaders to stand up and say let's have a rattle here. Remember we were five down and could have been ten down due to their wastefulness. I saw James and Kobo leading the charge from the front when others were thinking about it.

Niall Mc Keevers importance to the team cannot be over emphasised
Undoubtedly our first phase winner in the midfield area. And he can play ball too now. No wastefulness and a vital asset to us. Class act on and off the pitch.

Erinlong you're right. Niall Delargy wrapped his man up and came out with a ball he had no right to win and set up an attack that led to Tomas goal. Small margins but we'll spotted. Lots of good players in that squad and little between many of them.  Challenge for management is to manage the squad not just the 15. But the players are reacting to a good set up which is 100% better than last year and as Antrim men we should place our trust in players and management to get us over the div 4 line.

bannside

We have quality forwards but need to cut them loose. Tomas is on fire and in this form is unstoppable. Throw in Ryan Murray and I'm putting anything I have on the line and say he's one of the best in Ulster. All day long. Niblock is already there - our colossus. And Bam could torture the best corner back in the land if the mood suits. That's just four class acts. There's another half a dozen in the squad. All they need is the confidence to go out and do it. But my fear is we are thinking defence first when we have the ammunition to really hurt teams when we go for the jugular!

Trust our forwards. These boys could open up any defence in the country on their day.  Do we really need to be thinking about getting a few points in front and putting 14 behind the ball??

Personally I'd see that as not playing to our strengths. Hey but that's just me.

CentreHalfBack

Lads, who's managing who this year? Hearing some clubs handing out plenty of ££££££

O`Donovan Rossa
Creggan Kickhams
Clan na hEireann Carragan
Lamh Dhearg
Naomh Gall
Naomh Treasa CLG /St Teresa's GAC
St Brigids GAC
Roger Casements Portglenone
Naomh Muire Achadh Eochaille
St John's GAC
Naomh Seamas
All Saints Ballymena
Con Magees   
Cuchullains-Dunloy   
Michael Davitts   
Naomh Seosamh/St Joseph's   
Naomh Pól CLG /St Pauls GAC   
St Mary's Rasharkin   
St. Mary's G.A.C. Aghagallon   
St Ergnat's Moneyglass   
Naomh Éanna   
Na Sairseil/Patrick Sarsfields   
Gort na Móna CLG   
Tír Na nÓg Randalstown

New season - new reason

Na Glinntí Glasa

our manager is the same as last year, Dominic Dillon. He doesnt get paid, like all the managers in our club.
hurl like f**k boi!

The Gs Man

Aghagallon same as last year.  Clubmen and ex-players.

No-one's getting paid. 
Keep 'er lit

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 01, 2016, 04:30:44 PM
our manager is the same as last year, Dominic Dillon. He doesnt get paid, like all the managers in our club.

Bradley hardly coaching for the sake of it?