Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

See the most generous Mr Power is going 2/9 Cargin, 4/1 Kickham's.................wanna bet? :o

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 30, 2015, 03:36:51 PM
See the most generous Mr Power is going 2/9 Cargin, 4/1 Kickham's.................wanna bet? :o

9000 grand to win 2000... Hmmm tempting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Friday 2nd October
SFC Creggan v Cargin in Ahoghill @ 730pm Cargin to win by 3/4

Saturday 3rd October
IFC Dunloy v Gortnamona in Creggan @ 3pm   Dunloy
IFC Glenavy v Rasharkin in Creggan @ 430pm Glenavy

JFC Ardoyne v Glenravel in St Endas @ 430pm Glenravel

Sunday 4th Ocober
JFC Eire Og v Davitts in Sarsfields @ 1.30pm  Davitts by 6/7
SFC Lamh Dhearg v Rossa in Corrigan @ 3.30pm  Lahm Dhearg

bannside

Some price Rossa at 33/10. Won't be in the least bit surprised to see then beat Lamh Dhearg if they are anywhere near full strength.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 30, 2015, 08:37:55 PM
Some price Rossa at 33/10. Won't be in the least bit surprised to see then beat Lamh Dhearg if they are anywhere near full strength.

The only 'upset' game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

The Lamhs beat us by 4 but it wasn't nearly a four point game if you get my drift. We missed a lot of scorable chances and LD were much more clinical than us. But on other days our chances would have been converted but that's football, so no complaints from us. I liked the look of Rossa when I saw them. Plenty of talent there helped by the addition of some great minors recently.

Only problem is they never seem to get them on the pitch at the same time whatever the problem is. At full strength they would be a handful for most teams (in my humble opinion anyway).

Peileadoir

Getting to the business end of the season. Also think Rossa could spring an upset v Lamh Dhearg. Think Brennan will have Cargin focused v Creggan and cant see an upset. Although Creggan will have Conor Small in their ranks after using him very sparingly to concentrate on the minor this year. He will be a big bonus. Would be great to see a Rossa v Creggan final! :)

Also really important weekend in Division 2 where Ballymena should get the win the need v St. Enda's to seal promotion although the Glengormley me are on a high after winning the minor c'ship. But at the other end of the table relegation is still on the cards for any 2 from 5 teams after Glenavy saved themselves last week when St. Brigids put out a dud team against them to concentrate on winning the reserve league.
Word on the street is that Moneyglass are gonna do the same thing as St. Brigid's against Tir na nOg this weekend since its a dead rubber for them, and Tir na nOg need a win or they get relegated. They feel they got shafted last year when St. Teresa's and Gorts played out a draw on last day of season to suit both teams. Although if its a city v country nonsensical thing this will mean that Rasharkin are back in the mix and will need to win their last game away to Gorts to secure their status.

delgany

St brigids could lose out  yet ! Time will tell!

themac_23

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2015, 05:03:43 PM
Friday 2nd October
SFC Creggan v Cargin in Ahoghill @ 730pm Cargin to win by 3/4

Saturday 3rd October
IFC Dunloy v Gortnamona in Creggan @ 3pm   Dunloy
IFC Glenavy v Rasharkin in Creggan @ 430pm Glenavy

JFC Ardoyne v Glenravel in St Endas @ 430pm Glenravel

Sunday 4th Ocober
JFC Eire Og v Davitts in Sarsfields @ 1.30pm  Davitts by 6/7
SFC Lamh Dhearg v Rossa in Corrigan @ 3.30pm  Lahm Dhearg

Friday 2nd October
SFC Creggan v Cargin in Ahoghill @ 730pm Cargin

Saturday 3rd October
IFC Dunloy v Gortnamona in Creggan @ 3pm   Gort
IFC Glenavy v Rasharkin in Creggan @ 430pm Rasharkin

JFC Ardoyne v Glenravel in St Endas @ 430pm if this was fri or sun id say Ardoyne but Saturday il say Glenravel

Sunday 4th Ocober
JFC Eire Og v Davitts in Sarsfields @ 1.30pm Davitts by 10+
SFC Lamh Dhearg v Rossa in Corrigan @ 3.30pm Rossa

country bumpkin

Mr Power is the man...................will u remember ur friends when u collect ur 2k MR2 ;)

Milltown Row2

Never in doubt!! Holidays paid then  :P

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2015, 06:21:11 PM
Disappointing for us today.
Lámh Dhearg were slightly the better team but we had our chances to win it.
I think we were robbed of a draw though. It was a certain (easy) free in at the death but not given.
That's sport. Ah well....

Always next year

country bumpkin

U were robbed indeed HS, and everybody in the ground saw the foul.....except the ref.
Was not impressed by the Lamhs, and they seem utterly reliant on the excellent Conor Murray...................I am a touch biased but if cargin still have the JB factor within it is their's to lose ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 04, 2015, 07:54:59 PM
U were robbed indeed HS, and everybody in the ground saw the foul.....except the ref.
Was not impressed by the Lamhs, and they seem utterly reliant on the excellent Conor Murray...................I am a touch biased but if cargin still have the JB factor within it is their's to lose ???

Referee fault then?? Ah well

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 04, 2015, 08:03:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2015, 07:57:04 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 04, 2015, 07:54:59 PM

Referee fault then?? Ah well
It was a free. As cb says, everyone I spoke to (including Johnnies men  ;D) thought it was a free and he had been giving frees for similar and less all day.

But....he got it wrong. Our players made many mistakes that, had they not, we'd could have won the game.

It's tough. It happens everyone at some stage.

Agreed and games aren't won or lost (or in this case drawn) on one borderline free... Rossa are a young team plenty to work on .... Lamhs have got out of jail twice this year... Could be difference in close games... Plus they have beaten Cargin in championship recently