Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Minder on September 04, 2015, 10:20:57 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 04, 2015, 10:05:46 PM
Is this the first championship win over St Galls for all the current team Cargin team?

What a team St Galls have been over the years!

I would say so as Cargin last won it in 2005

Would st galls not  of won it then as they won all Ireland in 2006 (I think)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 04, 2015, 11:04:14 PM
Is this the first championship win over St Galls for all the current team Cargin team?

2010?
Beat in 06 final?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 04, 2015, 11:05:38 PM

2010?
Beat in 06 final?

This current crop of Cargin Galls teams, Cargin have never beaten us in a final, I don't think in history they have... Bumpkin can maybe know better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 04, 2015, 11:09:16 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 04, 2015, 11:05:38 PM

2010?
Beat in 06 final?

This current crop of Cargin Galls teams, Cargin have never beaten us in a final, I don't think in history they have... Bumpkin can maybe know better
I meant were St Galls beat in 06 All Ireland final? And won All Ireland in 2010?

stiffler

Very dissapointed with St galls tonight.

Not sure why niblock was kept on the field for so long when he was obviously injured.

Well done Cargin , some lovely scores at times.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 04, 2015, 11:23:16 PM
Cargin won Antrim in 2006.

And Slim Shady who used to post here got a run out in the Ulster Championship.

Decent referee too ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mickey Linden

Was a lot of quality on show tonight. Watching that game u would wonder why antrim football is in the state it is. Not sure there would be a higher quality first round game in any championship in ireland

erinsboy

Can't believe we won tonight need to buy into this JB factor ,hard luck to galls but I don't think we have seen the last of them they will still be there next year and we have won nothing yet a massive game ahead against creggan and it will be a real battle .The whole team played tonight and Tomas had Kelly on the back foot from the start but mick McCann put in a massive preformance one of his best ever in the green shirt about time we got the monkey of our back  :) :) :)

ONeill

Thought Michael McCann's performance was as good as you'll see across any club championship this year.

What happened for the Cargin goal? Couldn't really see. Seemed to happen out of nothing.

High standard of point taking at times. St Gall's came out swinging in the second half but 3 wides dented their momentum. Galls looked a bit weary with a few players carrying injuries.

Kieran McGourty must be in his 50s?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

erinsboy

Ref oneill

I think with the goal big pudgy new he should have taken the chance in the first half so when he got the ball he made his way along the end line and he might have been fouled but ref played advantage and I think galls keeper thought he would go for a point but he seemed to just hit it along the ground and took everyone by surprise including me when it went in .

bannside

What a game of football. Who's knocking the JB factor now. The man wins championships everywhere he goes - its just that simple.

Delighted for Cargin but full of respect too for St Galls.  Unfortunately this is the start of their demise make no mistake about it. Not saying they won't be competitive for years, and may well win another championship, but the awesome once in a generation players like Kel, a couple of Mc Gorts, Andy, Brady, Healey,  Niblock, Aidso, Karl and Terry - all Ireland club finalists twice and multiple Kilmacud sevens winners - won't be replaced like for like. That's a certainty.

Finally, am I alone in thinking Antrim county has massively underachieved with so many great players. There was at least one if not two Ulsters in this generation, but we couldn't ever get a county board to find a management team capable of delivering this.

CitySlicker11

Are the semi finals being played next weekend or when?

DearyMe

Galls were very very poor, and one would question why? Really? A few strange matchups! but all credit to Cargin who were hungry, motivated, and playing the far better football.  Saint Galls are an amazing club, and who would bet against them winning again next year.  bEst of luck to Cargin in the champ, a few other teams will now believe they can also win it!!!😉
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

erinsboy

Maybe I have my rose tinted glasses on but it was a good game of football with some very good scores from both sides a good advertisement for antrim football thought ref had a good game to apart from the 3 strange decisions he made at the start of the second half over ruled the ompier and give 2 frees for what?

bannside

That's the third leg of my quad up. Waiting on Portglenone now to bump it up. Got 4 sons hoping to feature...so plenty of adrenalin in the house all week with their friends in and out too. Lamhs hot favourites and rightly so, but we are work in progress still and today will let us know how far we have come and where we stand.

Still buzzing about that game last night. Long time since you saw that kind of raw passion and atmosphere at an Antrim club match. Well done to Brendan Toland on refereeing a game that was always on the edge, and also to host club Ahoghill who once again proved that they can stage the big matches.