Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

We will be away.......would be at home if we had been away in the first round last year.

brendanbelfast

Yep - the issue of being away last year only applies to first round matches of the qualifiers, and we entered the qualifiers at Rd 2 last year. Still, we haven't had a home qualifier match now since 2012, and Laois were at home twice last season, losing in the end to Tipperary when at home. Hopefully they are still caught in the headlights of Saturday's second half collapse when we play them this week.

themac_23

Are all club games off tomorrow night?

CitySlicker11

Division one and two are all called off I think.

themac_23

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 16, 2015, 09:51:28 PM
Division one and two are all called off I think.

Div3 on then? couldn't see any on the county website.

getevennotcross

Quote from: shoebox on June 17, 2015, 11:56:26 AM
County website not working at the minute.
Has C***l Ní Ch***ín (Ca*ol C*llen to the uninitiated) fecked that up as well?  Lies and more damned lies.

Jeepers Creepers

Everythings down this year!

manballandall

I hear Fitzy asked for some senior hurling games to be called off on Friday but was refused .
St galls 3 county players have agreed to play hurling on Friday night.
Unbelievable from out county board if true

culchie11

everyone knows by now that if u want a game moved, it is up to both clubs to agree another date before going to the county.
the other club involved mustve turned down this request.

i am not saying the other club is wrong, as most clubs players plan things around original fixtures, so most clubs dont like to move games as they will maybe then be weaker the next day, so therefore u wud want to play the game when u may have a better chance of a win!
every clubs needs points at the end of the day & if it happens to ur own club that clubs arent very helpful in refixing games then u soon know what it feels like & wudnt be too quick to help anyone else out.

manballandall

It was the county management that requested it not st galls.
Wouldn't happen in any other county.
You are expecting boys to go out and give their all against Laois having played a club game less than 24 hours before hand?

country bumpkin

So the little guy turned down a request from the county Football management..........now there's a surprise.

getevennotcross

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 18, 2015, 02:19:47 PM
So the little guy turned down a request from the county Football management..........now there's a surprise.
ah for goodness sake, leave the wee man alone. Clubs should just come to a mutual agreement and rearrange the fixture, simples! That way both clubs if appropriate may give up their players to the county.  But then maybe, just maybe the opposing club to St. Galls view it as an opportunity to accumulate points?

I have it on good authority the wee man is being schooled/mentored by a good friend of the family  - F. Smyth. A magnificent servant and true Antrim missionary.   I'm just extremely mindful we need to remain vigilant and keep the mercenaries at bay.

GNM

Any team news for tomorrow? And is there going to be any coverage of the game?

bannside

Surely the manager can't name the team until 3 players complete a club hurling match the night before.....and if that is true....only in Antrim.

manballandall

Despite everything, st galls won