Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

We've pulled it back to two points now but offaly have been ahead from the start. Hopefully we can keep at it...

Minder

So another year in Division 4
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

getevennotcross

Quote from: bannside on April 03, 2015, 08:31:06 PM
If we win on Sunday then plenty will hang around with a high profile play off in Croker on the horizon. Lose on Sunday and there will be a lot of upheaval I suspect.

Rumours circulate about players who are about to be fast tracked onto team/squad and this will leave present starters/panelists  feeling insecure.

Bam and Niblock are expected back in after Easter and rumours persist about a couple of high profile Galls men. Which leaves a lot of uncertainty for those currently doing the hard yards. All part of the tough job that is county management. That's football, and only 15 can start - but in fairness to Fitzy he has brought in good prospects like Matt Fitzpatrick and Chris Mc Guinness both of whom I think are deserving of a place. Saying that I also would be a big fan of Paddy Mc Bride and Ryan Murray neither of whom were down to start on Sunday and I wouldn't be wanting to screw about with their heads at this stage.
Bound to be a few defections once the Maradonna-Prima Donnas slip in.  A few toys to be thrown out of the pram I would say. No, done tell me, is golden balls K McG coming back? And who else?

Saffrongael

I love this bollocks about "high profile" Antrim players, high profile in what universe ? Maybe in their own head but that's about it.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronHeart

Kevin McGourty wont be coming back, hes washed up. Wouldnt have the fitness for county football

Milltown Row2

Quote from: getevennotcross on April 06, 2015, 05:33:02 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 03, 2015, 08:31:06 PM
If we win on Sunday then plenty will hang around with a high profile play off in Croker on the horizon. Lose on Sunday and there will be a lot of upheaval I suspect.

Rumours circulate about players who are about to be fast tracked onto team/squad and this will leave present starters/panelists  feeling insecure.

Bam and Niblock are expected back in after Easter and rumours persist about a couple of high profile Galls men. Which leaves a lot of uncertainty for those currently doing the hard yards. All part of the tough job that is county management. That's football, and only 15 can start - but in fairness to Fitzy he has brought in good prospects like Matt Fitzpatrick and Chris Mc Guinness both of whom I think are deserving of a place. Saying that I also would be a big fan of Paddy Mc Bride and Ryan Murray neither of whom were down to start on Sunday and I wouldn't be wanting to screw about with their heads at this stage.
Bound to be a few defections once the Maradonna-Prima Donnas slip in.  A few toys to be thrown out of the pram I would say. No, done tell me, is golden balls K McG coming back? And who else?

Mickey Darragh, Lenny Harbison, and PJ O'Hare
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Not sure PJ would have the fitness level either lol. Class act though. Haven't had a better FF since!!

country bumpkin

PJ may well be required.................hear J Carron, P Mc Cann, and M Kane have also flown the coop >:(

CitySlicker11

Has there been a fall out with the Cargin players and Antrim management? Why would you train all winter only to pack it in now.

getevennotcross

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 07, 2015, 03:46:47 PM
PJ may well be required.................hear J Carron, P Mc Cann, and M Kane have also flown the coop >:(

See I was right, more defections.  CB, I think this says more about the staying power of some of our players (or the lack of staying power in this particular case).  Trouble at Mill it would seem??  I'd say there will be more abandoning of the ship before it's all over.

oneclubonelife

Could be possibility the J B factor at Cargin. He will be telling the players to throw their lot in with the club and give the c'ship a rattle and that they have a realistic chance of winning it and winning nothing with Antrim.

Bannside - this should keep you happy as you have been touting the names of some players who you think have been overlooked and possibility will get a call by the county management.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oneclubonelife on April 07, 2015, 05:31:13 PM
Could be possibility the J B factor at Cargin. He will be telling the players to throw their lot in with the club and give the c'ship a rattle and that they have a realistic chance of winning it and winning nothing with Antrim.

Bannside - this should keep you happy as you have been touting the names of some players who you think have been overlooked and possibility will get a call by the county management.

Sure they should be winning it every year!! Do you honestly think keeping the Cargin lads away from county set ups will win the Championship?  Not rolling over when they go a couple points down would be the main reason I believe Cargin haven't won more Championships.... Aidso being away for us will be a major factor for us this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Where did I say players were overlooked One Club? There is only one player who I think has been overlooked and that's Michael Magill who was a standout forward in club football last year. Winning all sorts of ball and unselfishly laying it off to others. If I was in Fitzys shoes I would be having a rethink about this as Magill and Niblock would offer us a physical presence that is badly lacking. I'd also have Kieran Mc Gort all day long but he has been in long term self exile.

Obviously Sean Kelly, Sean Burke and Aidso would be in there too, but Fitzy hasn't overlooked them. That's the difference. And to give Fitzy credit he has blooded the same players I personally rate such as Fitzpatrick, Mc Guinness, Owen Gallagher and Paddy Mc Bride. All players with a big future.

Marty Johnston and Kobo are obviously two others we would benefit from massively - but once again,  the point is they have ruled themselves out for their own reasons.

The league is over and the only thing that will put any gloss on yet another depressing season to date is a win against Fermanagh. That's imperative now just to break even with 2014.

bannside

No talk of tomorrow's first round club matches. Serious reports about the pre season done at Cargin. And St Galls hammered Kilrea a week ago to signal their wellbeing. We host Lamh Dhearg so we are keen to maintain our progression but will be up against it without Niall McKeever.

oneclubonelife

Bannside - the league will be interesting. I think it will be a good game between yourselves and LD- be a tight game with yourselves coming out on the right side, Creggan to take care of St Johns, Teresa's to take care of Ahoghill, Gall's to destroy Aldergrove and Cargan to destroy Rossas . Here Casements are going great guns under the new management team - you will be the team to watch this year