Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecw

Thanks frosbit, seems like a lot of effort. Will head home & watch the hurlers play Galway instead. 1st day out for the new jerseys and less than 10 Carlow people will be at the game there. Think Hurlers will still wear old jersey 1 last time!

Jeepers Creepers

Only about 3 1/2 to 4 mile from city centre. Black taxi ( West Belfast taxi association)from Castle st/king street junction ( beside Iceland underneath the multi-story car park) is your best bet. Ask for a Shaws road taxi and it will drop you at the gate. Don't be alarmed, it's a shared taxi and anyone can jump in on route. The taxi rank is only about 10-15 mins dander from train station. As Frostie said if your feeling flush use the private hire cab at the train station, cost about a tender each way.

saffron sam2

Quote from: stevecw on January 30, 2015, 08:49:31 PM
How far outside of Belfast is St Pauls grounds? Was thinking of heading by train from Dublin to the game, but seems a bit outta the way.

About half a mile beyond Casement, no real effort for anyone who would want to go. Frostbit's private taxi is a decent shout, if there is more than one of you.

Or you get off the train at Lisburn (hiding your new top) and ring Eagle or Gransha to pick you up.

More entertaining than the hurling, you will be very welcome in west Belfast.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

saffron sam2

manballandall

Get off train at finaghy and taxi will cost you £3 or a 15 min walk to pitch. That's your best bet and easy too.

saffron sam2

Quote from: frostbit on January 30, 2015, 10:00:05 PM
Enterprise doesn't always stop at Finaghy as far as I know.

It doesn't. You would need to transfer at Lisburn (hiding your new top). Definitely dandering distance from Finaghy.

brendanbelfast

If you are serious about heading up I'll pick u up from Central Station and bring you to game. No bother.

country bumpkin

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 30, 2015, 09:50:01 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on January 29, 2015, 09:29:45 PM
13 outa 15........aw well..........

What is the line up?
Chris Kerr, James Laverty, Conor Burke, Tony Scullion, Declan Lynch, Justin Crozier, John Carron, Sean Mc Veigh, Niall Mc Keever, Conor Murray, Owen Gallagher, Tomas Mc Cann, Ryan Murray, CJ Mc Gourty, Michael Pollock

paddyjohn

Quote from: brendanbelfast on January 30, 2015, 11:05:21 PM
If you are serious about heading up I'll pick u up from Central Station and bring you to game. No bother.

Now that's what Antrim GAA is all about!

stevecw

Thanks a lot for the offer. Really nice of you, fair play. I am actually going to head home to Carlow in a while, have a few pints there tonight and head to the hurling game v Galway tomorrow.

Thanks again, hope you get to see a good game tomorrow anyway with an unexpected result!!

ck

Now that's GAA! Impressed! Antrim gaels are among the best, salt of the earth.

Gold

Good luck today lads.

Only victories will bring the fans out so the onus is on you, the players.

Let's get a good start to the year

Aointroim Abu!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

country bumpkin

Promotion..............don't think so!

imtommygunn

Reading the division four thread big things expected of carlow so you never know...