Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Cargin too much quality not to be troubling St Galls. But Cargin threw it away last year when the finishing line was in sight. The question is who has kicked on since then, and it looks at this stage that the reigning champs have found another gear.

I fancied Cargin to win last year but finding it a lot more difficult to do so this year after last night. I also see a totally new Cargin style of football and I don't see where their goals are coming from based on that style. They will need a goal or two to trouble St Galls. Just my opinion but you will be glad to know I have often been proved wrong!

oneclubonelife

Bannside-what about your own team now they are in their second successive intermediate final. Have they kicked on from last year and can they go one better?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oneclubonelife on September 11, 2014, 02:35:33 PM
Bannside-what about your own team now they are in their second successive intermediate final. Have they kicked on from last year and can they go one better?

Winning it I would assume is one step further?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shawshank

What is about the Antrim CB that shy's away from potential managers who want to do a root and branch development of Antrim football?

Dreen

All the best to Russ and his team, as already stated the football side needs a complete makeover.  I personally think you need 20+ good coaches to get together with an integrated plan for all ages, not just coaches with the development squads who are there just because they volunteer.  We need leaders as Bannside adhered to who will recruit and oversee development in the county.

Casement and Dunsilly are serious negatives at the minute and obviously do not create much enthusiasm in the membership in the county.  County board telling clubs they aren't allowed to run independent summer camps unless they run the official cul camp is a personal gripe of mine and IMO shows the lack of knowledge of what clubs, and the youth of the clubs actually need.

I have never been one from discouraging young players stepping up to county level but the way our county is going its swaying me towards a club matters county doesn't mentality and that's not how anyone should feel.

country bumpkin

Jeez Bannside, don't u believe that Cargin will be making concession to the mighty Milltown men if they are to reach the county final...........sure with one trophy already stowed away (O'Cahan cup) and on the cusp of adding another (Div one title) sure the Toome men will certainly settle for two ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2014, 05:15:40 PM
Jeez Bannside, don't u believe that Cargin will be making concession to the mighty Milltown men if they are to reach the county final...........sure with one trophy already stowed away (O'Cahan cup) and on the cusp of adding another (Div one title) sure the Toome men will certainly settle for two ;)

Another Concession? Surely beating ya's up the country is concession enough ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Thought we had an agreement MR2................but keep it to yourself...............as for country based finals.............get used to it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2014, 05:39:24 PM
Thought we had an agreement MR2................but keep it to yourself...............as for country based finals.............get used to it.

You can have this year if we get to the hurling final

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 05:54:06 PM
Disappointed to hear that spectators entered the field of play to engage in a bout of fisticuffs with a player in last nights game.

No way!!

bannside

Happened right in front of where I was standing. Young lad of fifteen or sixteen got a bit carried away - and got a swift box on the lugs for his troubles. Nothing more than that. You want to have been at Owenbeg to see Kilrea and the Loup. Full scale on and off the field and probably not a word about it.

country bumpkin

Have to agree with MR2 Hardstation.......I was there and did not see such....were u in attendance or on the ditch.......again?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 11, 2014, 06:14:35 PM
Happened right in front of where I was standing. Young lad of fifteen or sixteen got a bit carried away - and got a swift box on the lugs for his troubles. Nothing more than that. You want to have been at Owenbeg to see Kilrea and the Loup. Full scale on and off the field and probably not a word about it.

There is some mouthing at games!! Hearing more, reckon it's getting worse or I'm more prone to hearing it now in my role

country bumpkin

Think if Bannside has a mind to clarify, the "young lad" of whom he speaks was a "water carrier" and did not ascend the wire to as good old hardstation suggests engage in fisticuffs......Jeez no wonder we are in such a mess!

bannside

Agree CB. The young lad was indeed a designated water carrier, but he got a little carried away himself. Nothing really to see here, it was over in a flash and the cool heads sorted it out before it escalated.

Dreen, you make a great point that no one here has touched on for a while. A lot of great clubmen are totally pissed with all things county. So many people who could contribute so much to the county really have really just switched off. Dont want to know. A fresh leadership would change a lot of that and create new impetus.

We are a great county with great gaels, but only a fraction of our talented personnel work at county level and they are not representative of the calibre, or quality that exists within many clubs. It would be amazing what might happen with a big read out! But thats not far away I think.