Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 19, 2014, 12:25:02 AM
Are there many football only clubs in Antrim?
Just wondering.
cargin is the one that springs to mind, Portglenone didn't used to but may have changed
I know Moneyglass have started it at youth level
I think all the Belfast teams prob would be dual
(but im an outsider here so probably about 50% wrong )
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

D'oh forgot cargin and moneyglass...

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 19, 2014, 12:41:27 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 19, 2014, 12:25:02 AM
Are there many football only clubs in Antrim?
Just wondering.
cargin is the one that springs to mind, Portglenone didn't used to but may have changed
I know Moneyglass have started it at youth level
I think all the Belfast teams prob would be dual
(but im an outsider here so probably about 50% wrong )

country bumpkin

Do they really still play hurling in Belfast...................?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on July 20, 2014, 03:32:57 PM

Do they still play football in Cargin ;) (Toome)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2014, 03:41:58 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on July 20, 2014, 03:32:57 PM

Do they still play football in Cargin ;) (Toome)

Do they still play football anywhere in Antrim?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

country bumpkin

Jeez Hardstation u high or what......................I may be accused of many things but.........................just what are u on about...............told u before us culchies are a wee bit thick and need enlightenment from time to time..............please :P

themac_23

Well any predictions for the upcoming championships? I can't see there being too many arguments about the SFC but I'm sure there will be a few posts of 'it's cargins year' lol. Anyway I'd already posted this in the hurling thread but obviously this is the place for it so just a cut and paste job, here are my predictions

SFC St Galls; Still the best club team in the county by a mile and arguably the province, great to watch, nobody in Antrim will stop them.
IFC Portglenone; Seem a decent side, after their U-21 win last year and defeat in IFC can see this being a good year for them. St Enda's could be dark horses, a good bit of momentum in Div 3 can count for an awful lot.
JFC Antrim; Prob the hardest champ to call, any of 5 teams could take it Antrim, Eire Og, Ardoyne, Mals or Aggies. Always enjoy JFC teams seem to 'go for it more' Antrim seem to be building a good side and think they have enough for it.

imtommygunn

St Galls haven't been arguably the best side in the province for a while...Losing the county boys will probably help them though so would still expect them to win.

Antrim seem to have improved a lot. Ardoyne may challenge them though.

Are moneyglass or st teresa in the intermediate? They may challenge.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 21, 2014, 03:46:45 PM
St Galls haven't been arguably the best side in the province for a while...Losing the county boys will probably help them though so would still expect them to win.

Antrim seem to have improved a lot. Ardoyne may challenge them though.

Are moneyglass or st teresa in the intermediate? They may challenge.

Well off the pace for that standard, Cargin Galls final I expect again, some teams haven't pushed on when expected too, ah well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah - I was hoping Creggan and Lamh Dearg would be pushing on a bit  and challenging you / Cargin by now to open it up but doesn't seem to have happened.

A few good underage teams from GNM really don't seem to have come through either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 21, 2014, 04:01:58 PM
Yeah - I was hoping Creggan and Lamh Dearg would be pushing on a bit  and challenging you / Cargin by now to open it up but doesn't seem to have happened.

A few good underage teams from GNM really don't seem to have come through either.

Does that surprise you? Keeping kids from those areas involved and progressing is the hardest thing to do. It's a credit to the members for year on year out working with juveniles. That goes for most Belfast clubs, too many other interests to keep them competitive at senior

imtommygunn

I don't know that neck of the woods well enough to know to be honest.

Country clubs have that problem too but just to a lesser extent.

Milltown Row2

Drink and drugs in a lot of clubs for sure, and not just in Turf Lodge. But they've had a run of tragedies over the past few years which hasn't helped.

Having great Juveniles is one thing, keeping them senior is another, take your eye of it for a second and you become an also ran, we are in danger of that due to the lack of juvenile success but managing to buck the trend soon enough, hopefully it wont take too long

country bumpkin

Hear that Cargin are about to commence training, and the word on the ground says that they are not going to stand in the way of St Gall's in their quest for 8 in a row...............seems they are going to concede in the final (if they get there)............. ;) Sure K Mc G has retired it seems, and his broad back has been carrying the Milltown men for years................they will need assistance :-X