Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

I agree with Bannside 110%. Until the clubs stand up and say enough is enough we won't improve. To many delegates go to county meetings just to show representation from a club or maybe to get away from the other half and don't contribute anything to the meeting.

Questions have to be asked why did we appoint a man who was managing in Derry Div2 last year and wasn't good enough for the a Derry job? Was there an oul mates act on the go between him and the county?

Then again who is to say that it would of been any different under Malachy O'Rourke? Certain players seem to think that unless they have their name in the press week in week out they are not a proper county player. A big ego is an awful thing.

I would be happy enough with a few years in div4 under a decent management with a plan, who will build from the foundations over 3/4 years and make this county competitive.

manballandall

2 physios now gone too I heard. All is rosy then :o

AQMP

Quote from: manballandall on April 18, 2014, 11:39:53 AM
2 physios now gone too I heard. All is rosy then :o

Pity, the way things are going we might have needed them to play!

bannside

Hearing horror stories about county finances. Things could get very messy.

Clinker

Quote from: bannside on April 18, 2014, 12:42:26 PM
Hearing horror stories about county finances. Things could get very messy.

It might help out if a social club was set up with any profits going to the county.
Just an idea.

oneclubonelife

Sorry -when I read a previous post I thought the Bradley boys were away - I thought it read that the two physcos were gone not the two physios

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2014, 02:19:15 PM
Quote from: mickey80 on April 18, 2014, 02:00:12 PM
What do you think the recent legal action has cost so far Hardstation?
The two major hits they took were for
The illegal closure of the club
Industrial tribunal for not paying the full time bar staff a washer in redundancy.

The total is over £100,000

Never worry, that'll be siphoned off the money for the new stadium, administration and consultation fees or what not.

JimStynes

orangeman

Going well.

Heads won't roll.

JimStynes

I honestly couldn't care less how Antrim do and 90% of my club mates are the same. When I look at my mates from Lurgan and other counties they are all proud of their county and really want to represent them at underage. We all hated bein made to go country training! We even hve a couple of players who played for Armagh minors last year (would Tyrone or another county let that happen?). I know this is the total wrong attitude to have, but I have never felt part of the county, we just happen to play our games in it. Antrim needs to change and reach out to all clubs and get some pride back at club level.

glens abu

Quote from: JimStynes on April 19, 2014, 08:43:23 AM
I honestly couldn't care less how Antrim do and 90% of my club mates are the same. When I look at my mates from Lurgan and other counties they are all proud of their county and really want to represent them at underage. We all hated bein made to go country training! We even hve a couple of players who played for Armagh minors last year (would Tyrone or another county let that happen?). I know this is the total wrong attitude to have, but I have never felt part of the county, we just happen to play our games in it. Antrim needs to change and reach out to all clubs and get some pride back at club level.

That attitude is what's wrong with the county,but bet you went to the Ulster final when Antrim were in it.

JimStynes

Quote from: glens abu on April 19, 2014, 09:34:09 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on April 19, 2014, 08:43:23 AM

That attitude is what's wrong with the county,but bet you went to the Ulster final when Antrim were in it.

I didn't go but I wanted Antrim to win because they were the underdog. Id go to watch Armagh more than anything. I agree it is completely the wrong attitude but I've never felt part of the county and i know a lot of my mates feel the same.

brendanbelfast

Certainly not the best. Hey, it only remains as long as we let it. It is as simple as this:
Clubs, apathy, staus quo. Clubs, apathy, status quo.

We can all talk, we can all complain (I don't deny I have been among the biggest offenders) but our county executive are not our county executive because they are the most competent, hard working or sensible people with Gaelic games in Antrim in their best interests. Far from it, they are self serving egotists. They are our county executive because they are the only people who put themselves forward for these positions. For that, we are all to blame.

The wheels are in motion for a total coup but they are at a very early stage. The support throughout the county is needed badly. I imagine that it will be generated this year from all clubs and by the end of the year we will see brand new faces at our top table.

All of the issues brought up on this board really belong in the forum where they can be discussed, and changed. That's the County Committee. That body met at the beginning of this week, and unless you are from Naomh Brid (Belfast) or Gort Na Mona, then your club delegate didn't utter a syllable of dissent or even of query. The entire issue of the Social Club, how it has been handled and the consequences, was raised under Any Other Business. Assuming the NB rep hadn't raised it, it would literally not have been mentioned. How depressing is that?

country bumpkin

County finances probably would not be in the same mess (as broadly hinted at by some on this site) if they had not been forced into the Courts by body of individuals who really had no rights of tenure on our property.

brendanbelfast

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2014, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: brendanbelfast on April 19, 2014, 05:18:31 PM
All of the issues brought up on this board really belong in the forum where they can be discussed, and changed. That's the County Committee.
This from a man who has taken to his twitter account on a number of occasions to spout whatever he likes about the Casement debacle despite admitting that he knows nothing about it.

Brendan, if you honestly believe that all loose ends where tied on Monday in regards to Casement Social Club, you are living in a dream world. Believe me, our county executive are going to come under serious fire for their serious mismanagement of the situation

Grateful if you show me anywhere I have suggested that all loose ends are now tied up? You won't be able to.