Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glensman-derry

Is it confirmed Baker is the new manager and if so is Paddy going to be involved? Whilst I would wish both the best of luck it would be a massive blow to our club if Paddy decides to quit playing. Baker got Antrim out of Division 4 before so i'd have no doubt he could so it again.

Jeepers Creepers

Best of luck to him, but why do you think he has come back ? The only way is up?

thecracken

JFTJ I highlighted this in previous posts, there is no excuse to justify the scenes yesterday at the final whistle is there? For the second time in a week the crowd and the abuse have substantially contributed to dragging this competition into the gutter, I am a massive fan of the U21 championship is great football, now within the last two years supporters have managed to highlight the sheer ineptitude of our county officials in dealing with rouge elements within certain clubs, both sides are fully responsible for what occurred yesterday at the final whistle. You did focus on the referee from last weeks incidents, talking with gaels before the game yesterday Duffy reported 9 Players, 2 mentors and 2 senior club official's for abuse in the crowd (all dealt with by CCC), I personally think it was excessive no doubt about that, but as I stated in previous posts was anyone reported not guilty and penalised incorrectly? Then to the rule book he was fully justified (OTT) granted imo, then both clubs come back out the next week and finish off properly what they didn't get to do last week. These scenes more at home in Windsor or Solitude, not for me.

Saffrongael

Hard luck to St Galls, but not that surprising, they seem to have come back to the pack somewhat in Antrim and a decent team in Ulster was probably gonna be too much. They haven't been racking up the big scores of previous years.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

jftj

Quote from: thecracken on November 03, 2013, 08:19:54 AM
JFTJ I highlighted this in previous posts, there is no excuse to justify the scenes yesterday at the final whistle is there? For the second time in a week the crowd and the abuse have substantially contributed to dragging this competition into the gutter, I am a massive fan of the U21 championship is great football, now within the last two years supporters have managed to highlight the sheer ineptitude of our county officials in dealing with rouge elements within certain clubs, both sides are fully responsible for what occurred yesterday at the final whistle. You did focus on the referee from last weeks incidents, talking with gaels before the game yesterday Duffy reported 9 Players, 2 mentors and 2 senior club official's for abuse in the crowd (all dealt with by CCC), I personally think it was excessive no doubt about that, but as I stated in previous posts was anyone reported not guilty and penalised incorrectly? Then to the rule book he was fully justified (OTT) granted imo, then both clubs come back out the next week and finish off properly what they didn't get to do last week. These scenes more at home in Windsor or Solitude, not for me.
yesterdays scenes can be blamed on one person and 1 person alone,I think u know who we are talking about.that type of outburst does remind me of Windsor and I want no part of it.i do think it was a moment of madness because i do think he is a good kid and he will learn.i would like to wish ld all the best in the tourney and hope they get back the players who were wrongfully suspended.as for the game,another very absorbing contest with st.johns on top the 1st half andLd on top the2nd.we missed chances and the lamhs hung in and then took over,fair play to them-a very good side.

jftj

Yes he reported a 17 year old who was wearing no.17.who was not near a fight and furthermore wore a track suit top covering his no.he reported a man and identified him as an abuser but couldn't remember what side of the pitch he was on etc etc and the list goes on..........

imtommygunn

So Baker is back then. Not sure what to make of that appointment.

culchie11

Aye baker is back be interesting to see who is with him, would have preferred the joint ticket of madden & adams as heard they had planned to put in place proper structures to help with dev squads, minors, u21s & up to senior. we will know more after tonights meeting.

as for the u21 game on sat, what an absolute disgrace!!
fighting on & off the pitch. both clubs had a week to sort out the mess from the 1st game. they shudve both been thrown out of comp after what happen last week, now lamhs should be thrown out of this years & both banned from next years champ. i would even go further as to close both their grounds for a period as only such severe action will bring it home to everyone involved in both clubs that this behaviour wont be tolerated anywhere within the gaa!

if this had been 2 different clubs they wudnt have got the second chance!!

jftj

I'm a bit surprised Karl Stewart didn't get more game time in galls match yday especially when by all accounts the forwards were struggling with their shooting mr2. Was he carrying an injury?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jftj on November 04, 2013, 02:36:12 PM
I'm a bit surprised Karl Stewart didn't get more game time in galls match yday especially when by all accounts the forwards were struggling with their shooting mr2. Was he carrying an injury?

Well as I always say if you're fit enough for the bench your are fit enough to play. Though in fairness to Karl he'd been carrying injuries for a while, Karls tough as old boots and I'd rather have him on from the start, emptying the tank and come off.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: culchie11 on November 04, 2013, 02:28:54 PM
Aye baker is back be interesting to see who is with him, would have preferred the joint ticket of madden & adams as heard they had planned to put in place proper structures to help with dev squads, minors, u21s & up to senior. we will know more after tonights meeting.

fighting on & off the pitch. both clubs had a week to sort out the mess from the 1st game. they shudve both been thrown out of comp after what happen last week, now lamhs should be thrown out of this years & both banned from next years champ. i would even go further as to close both their grounds for a period as only such severe action will bring it home to everyone involved in both clubs that this behaviour wont be tolerated anywhere within the gaa!

Heard it is Paddy and that would worry me as he is a man who has walked out on his own county twice and can be more bother than he is worth,but only time will tell.

jftj

Quote from: culchie11 on November 04, 2013, 02:28:54 PM

Complete and utter shite.2 yellow cards and not a dirty game at all.1st match abandoned due to the ineptitude of the ref.i take it u weren't at the game again.meanwhile in newry,2 successful clubs are knocking lumps out of each other and serving up a treat of hard football(ref let the game flow).if it was Antrim the game probably would have finished 11v11.ban 2 clubs for 2 great games of football with about 4 punches thrown in 1st game and none in the 2nd.youd be better going to watch basketball.

jftj

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2013, 02:58:34 PM
Quote from: jftj on November 04, 2013, 02:36:12 PM

Well as I always say if you're fit enough for the bench your are fit enough to play. Though in fairness to Karl he'd been carrying injuries for a while, Karls tough as old boots and I'd rather have him on from the start, emptying the tank and come off.
Think Karl is a serious footballer who I'd have on my Antrim team every day of the week.

jftj

Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2013, 03:37:14 PM
"Nothing happened".
Let me guess u weren't at the game either?maybe you'd be better concentrating on your own clubs woes.

culchie11

lol so its ok for a great game of football to be followed by a riot or as long as there is only a few punches thrown its ok lol wise up!!

i wasnt there to witness, nor was i born until after world war II but i still have an opinion on it lol

get off ur high horse with ur whiter than white crap!!