20.  Paddy Cunningham (Lamh Dhearg)
21.  Liam Carland (St Paul's)
22.  Paddy Kelly (Portglenone)
23.  Michael Pollock (St Gall's)
24.  Dermot McCann (Creggan)
25.  Colm Duffin (Moneyglass)
26.  Peter McNicholl (Ballymena)

Simon Says

Strong enough team for the weekend, well balanced hopefully doherty can provide the spark mc cann does when playing for the county. Some great options on the bench with c.kelly, pollock, cunningham and duffin. Hopefully we can get the two points and kick on towards the top of the table!

AQMP

4 each at HT.  Both teams down to 14.

AQMP

Wicklow finish with 12 men but still manage a draw.  FT Wicklow 2-7 Antrim 1-10.  Poor result and conceding goals yet again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on March 10, 2013, 04:09:53 PM
Wicklow finish with 12 men but still manage a draw.  FT Wicklow 2-7 Antrim 1-10.  Poor result and conceding goals yet again.

4 mins here

http://wicklowgaaonline.com/2013/03/10/highlights-wicklow-v-antrim/
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2013, 11:31:11 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 10, 2013, 04:09:53 PM

4 mins here

http://wicklowgaaonline.com/2013/03/10/highlights-wicklow-v-antrim/

What the hell was going on between the two Antrim players at 3:33? Was that Kelly keeping the ball away from Cunningham? That's the sort of childish craic you'd expect to see between two opposing players, not teammates!

brendanbelfast

We need a full match report from Bannside.

Simon Says

As part of a small antrim support yesterday, i couldnt help but come away from the game feeling like we had lost and it was a point dropped. The boys battled well in the first half and went in at half time 4-4 after playing into a very strong breeze i think at half time we were in a great position and playing with a gale force wind, got a great start to the 2nd half with tomas mc cann in great form and tore them apart. Mcveigh and paul doherty played well around the middle got a lot of ball. ryan murray and tomas tore them apart inside, with their pace. if you had pollock at full forward with them two inside, they would give any defence headaches with their pace power and direct running. Herrons sending off was harsh as he was going for the ball and the keeper ended up worse off. This is the team that ended up lining out, and give a fair and honest assessment. The conditions were dreadful for the game, bitter cold, swirling wind, rain/snow.

Chris kerr - Solid display under high ball, kickouts were top class in the conditions no chance for the two goals. 7.5
KOBO - great performance from captain fantastic, always out in front of his man 8
Andy Mc Lean- apart from the first goal were he failed to hold on to the ball he done a sterling job marking a man at least a foot taller than him. 6.5
Sean Finch- solid throughout and good distribution 6.5
Tony scullion- seen alot of ball but at times his distribution let him down but great at running with the ball.7
niall delargy- got dragged all over the place and dived in too many times, bit out of his depth at no6? 5
justic Crozier- mr consistency as usual never put a foot wrong, great reader of the game. 7
Sean Mcveigh- battled well and caught alot of kickouts but again distrubtion lets him down6.5
Paul DOherty- scored a point and caught alot of kickouts tired near the end and his man influenced their revival.7
conor murray- great at running the ball but too often runs in to tackles and loses the ball. super athlete though.7
conall Kelly- late replacement for niblock? scored a good point, showed well and throws himself about. great to see him back playing massive boost for our club aswell.7.5
Brendan Herron- won alot of breaks and was targeted for alot of our kickouts.7
ryan murray- livewire, caused havoc, dropped a few balls short but shows well and great movement 8
michael Herron- didnt really get into the game booked early for an off the ball incident and 2nd yellow was harsh 4.5
tomas mc cann- star of the show, great to have him back must have scored 1-6 at least. class act, and carried a huge threat. 9.5

anto healy wasnt on long enough but good to see him back in antrim colours.

paddy cunningham score a free but missed a terrible free in front of the goals, didnt offer much from play beaten for pace alot of the time. 5

bannside

Simons opening paragraph summed it up, and I would agree totally with that. We thought we had the game under control a few times but a few silly mistakes cost us dearly. The two players responsible will not relish the video evidence for the two goals that gave Wicklow a lifeline, and the impetus to kick on.

I think we had two great individual performances - Kobo and Tomas. Great to see Tomas back fresh and rarin to go and the ultra consistent Kobo bounce back again quickly from his Paul Ward experience. But thats where it ends. There were far too many middling performances for me, and from a technical perspective we gave possession away too often, and support play not what it should be.

Some of your ratings Simon are a bit OTT. Conall Kelly a good player, but not that hot yesterday and rightly got called ashore. Four shots, one return - too high a stat at this level. Your blue and white specs still awarded a 7.5 - sorry but I had to call that! A few others I would question too, but all about opinions.

The loss of Niblock, especially his power on the ball is a huge loss, and he is touch and go for Saturdays must win match against Roscommon.

Simon Says

The ratings were based on my opinions bannside and also taking into consideration the conditions you will agree were horrendous, i thought conall battled well and is another option for kickouts big strong man and retained the ball well obviously niblock is the first choice no11 but he done well for a man who hasnt played in a while. I agree totally with the distribution it was terrible in particular in the last 15mins kicked the ball away under no pressure and let them back into it, we should have kicked on after kicking 3 points after half time and made our extra man count. the next game is a must win game if we are to seek promotion. if we win we will be in with a chance of promotion. ill leave the blue and white tinted glasses in the car from now on.

manballandall

Quote from: hardstation on March 11, 2013, 11:23:43 AM
I believe Lámh Dhearg got a bit of a bad doing at Slaughtmanus on Friday. Supporters came over the fence and Frankie Fitzsimons suffered a busted eye socket which is being operated on today. Shower of cnuts.

Lambs totally innocent too im sure ?....have they not been involved in a bad row every year for the past number of years ? Karma maybe

DownFanatic

Would anyone be able to link me or email me a list of Antrim club secretaries email addresses?

Minder

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 11, 2013, 10:05:17 PM
Would anyone be able to link me or email me a list of Antrim club secretaries email addresses?

http://www.antrimgaa.net/

There is a link to a list of Antrim clubs and their secretary contact details.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DownFanatic

Quote from: Minder on March 11, 2013, 10:15:43 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on March 11, 2013, 10:05:17 PM

http://www.antrimgaa.net/

There is a link to a list of Antrim clubs and their secretary contact details.

Gracias.

Simon Says

Huge game this weekend vs rosscommon, the game is now 2.30 on saturday hopefully we can get a big crowd at casement to drive the lads on towards promotion.