Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

MIBAG in all seriousness why don't some of you refs go to the media if you feel so strongly. I'm sure the irish news would quite happily do a piece on referee safety within antrim if some, notable, referee felt strongly enough and put themselves forward. Somewhere like that is as good a place as any for it. It would need a face behind it and not anonymity.

ManInBlackandGreen

I thought that was already happening with Ray and Speedy, its not media we need it's our own people taking responsibility for what we have at present and actually doing something about it, most of them get enough expenses every year to justify some sort of action! To date no-one from our committee has even bothered their backsides doing anything from what I am told, what does that say! I agree whole heartedly if they wont do anything then they shouldn't be there, as they only represent themselves, same as a club committee, if it doesn't perform then get someone else, these people where not elected by referee's maybe that something we all need to look at, and maybe we can improve a lot of things including our own standards for one thing?

4father

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 09, 2012, 07:05:23 PM
these people where not elected by referee's

They were.  Referee's are members of clubs and clubs elect people into positions on the county committee.

What, specificially, do you want them to do?

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

HOT OF THE PRESS: A friend of mine who works in Croker just told me this evening the Rasharkin incident involving Ray Mathews has been thrown out and referred back to Ulster.  It also transpires the Antrim Executive are to convene this evening in Antrim to discuss there next course of action.  Seems like Rasharkin are not out of the woods yet, but then Ulster Council (in which Rasharkin an inside vested interest) may just get their way yet.  Interesting times ahead.  I just wonder how Antrim Executive will proceed now?  Anyword on Mibag starting the Antrim Referees revolt? Come on OE, CC, what's you stance on this now?  Clearly either one of you have been outed as Mibag  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
"Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one"

"Sure we wont go away ya know"

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

Quote from: 4father on January 09, 2012, 07:25:33 PM

They were.  Referee's are members of clubs and clubs elect people into positions on the county committee.

Stand up and grow a pair of the old liathróidí would be a good start?

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: 4father on January 09, 2012, 07:25:33 PM

I suggest you check your facts in relation to how the Referee's committee is appointed, which is what the point was, do you actually take the time to read or do you just like to wade in every opportunity 4father? You continually challenge posts you must have a thing for referee's yourself.

Milltown Row2

Being a referee myself, I have yet to hear of any strike action or any action for that matter from any other refs!! Some hearsay on here but that's all.

Is there any talk from the 'main ;)' referees about this?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 09, 2012, 07:54:29 PM
I suggest you check your facts in relation to how the Referee's committee is appointed, which is what the point was, do you actually take the time to read or do you just like to wade in every opportunity 4father? You continually challenge posts you must have a thing for referee's yourself.

I've loads of respect for referee's mate.  Really, I do.  I am just constantly trying to decipher your posts about people doing 'things' and doing 'something' but i don't actually know what that's supposed to mean.

You wrote that 'these people where [sic] not elected by referee's' which is wrong.  The referees committee is a body set up.  No matter what position you hold in the GAA from the president to the lonely referee come from clubs and have as much right as any other member to have your say when it comes to voting (or electing people). 

What, specifically, would you like the Antrim board to do?

rashCharacter

What is the referee's grievance here?

There was full co-operation with the investigation, individuals were identified and expelled from the GAA.
The club also received a severe penalty (pitch closed for a year) and a fine.

Do you think that players who weren't even there should be further punished?

NAG1

I thought that was already happening with Ray and Speedy, its not media we need it's our own people taking responsibility for what we have at present and actually doing something about it, most of them get enough expenses every year to justify some sort of action! To date no-one from our committee has even bothered their backsides doing anything from what I am told, what does that say! I agree whole heartedly if they wont do anything then they shouldn't be there, as they only represent themselves, same as a club committee, if it doesn't perform then get someone else, these people where not elected by referee's maybe that something we all need to look at, and maybe we can improve a lot of things including our own standards for one thing?

If speedy would keep his mouth shut it would help their cause more. He should concentrate more on his own performances and actions on and off the field before going on the TV spouting about anyone.

Unbelievable brass neck on the man  >:(

CentreHalfBack

Has Ryan Daly ever kicked in the Antrim leagues?

1  WILLIE MC SORLEY

2  PATRICK GALLAGHER
3  RICKY JOHNSTON
4  RYAN DALY

5  TONY SCULLION
6  JUSTIN CROZIER
7  JAMES LOUGHERY

8  CONAL KELLY
9  AODHON GALLAGHER

10 CONOR MURRAY
11 KEVIN MARRON
12 MICHAEL ARMSTRONG

13 COLM DUFFIN
14 MICHAEL MAGILL
15 PADDY CUNNINGHAM
New season - new reason

Magicsponge

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on January 10, 2012, 01:40:53 PM
Has Ryan Daly ever kicked in the Antrim leagues?

I think so. I think he's been with St brigids for a year after leaving Scotstown, so chances are he has played.

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

Quote from: NAG1 on January 10, 2012, 08:47:07 AM

If speedy would keep his mouth shut it would help their cause more. He should concentrate more on his own performances and actions on and off the field before going on the TV spouting about anyone.

So brush it under the carpet and pretend this did not happen, ur beginning to sound like a proverbial Shinner. People could have been seriously hurt and injured here and in your book that is fine? Fair play to Speedy, he stood and was counted, can others who were their say the same??  Grab a hold of yourself lad, I for one hope the referees do something positive with reference to Rasharkin as a sincere act of solidarity with RM.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: haranguerer on January 09, 2012, 08:38:05 AM
Little only came on in the second half - looked lively at times, but certainly didnt run the show. McCloskey was good at centre-half back, but he hadnt much to do on Marron to be honest, and with the ball in hand hes a very good player. Marron is a sublime kicker, but question marks over his workrate and ability to evade a marker, and he didnt show that well yesterday (not on his own in that regard by any means).

McCloskey was on Cunningham I believe. Who shouldn't be a half forward.

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

Quote from: hardstation on January 10, 2012, 02:41:40 PM
Quote from: MickeyMacMhagUidhir on January 10, 2012, 02:34:21 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 10, 2012, 08:47:07 AM

So brush it under the carpet and pretend this did not happen, ur beginning to sound like a proverbial Shinner. People could have been seriously hurt and injured here and in your book that is fine? Fair play to Speedy, he stood and was counted, can others who were their say the same??  Grab a hold of yourself lad, I for one hope the referees do something positive with reference to Rasharkin as a sincere act of solidarity with RM.
Why do you spell the word 'Saint' as Noamh instead of Naomh? Looks fcukin stupid, to be honest.
As shit, me old Long Kesh Irish.  And talking about looking stupid, at least I did not fall out of the Ugly Tree.