Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasharkin Gael

That's true, but I still think removing a player for the remainder of a half could be too harsh a punishment if the yellow occurs early or it could be to lenient if the yellow happens late in the half.
[/quote]

Don't know the right or wrong solution magic. The way the fellas in croker have been messing with the rules in the last few years you really dont know if you are coming or going. They definately have to have a look at the likes of keeper coming up to take frees. The length of time it took cluxton to take that last free in the all ireland final would never have been allowed for an outfield player. The square ball rule is extremely difficult to enforce properly as has been shown in some high profile games in the last number of seasons let alone the number of problems with it at club level. I would suggest if they were going to keep the square ball at all, they make the small p'gram off limits to all opposition players all of the time to make it easier for the ref to police. Not an ideal solution, but maybe better than what we have.

upthem

Calling all past, present and future QUB and UUJ Gaels!
Thursday 15th Decembers sees the greatest university rivalry spill over into the ring with QUB and UUJ GAA coming head to head in Fight Knight at the Queen's PEC at 7pm.
Come and see some of the upcoming names in Ulster GAA take to the ring. This is a night not to be missed!
Tickets costing £15 are available from the PEC, UUJ Sportscentre, committee members or email fight_night11@yahoo.com
Follow us on facebook at 'Fight Knight'

Rasharkin Gael

How times have changed! We used to box each other outside the Cresent years ago, and for free!!

haranguerer

Why to f**k is the facebook page called 'fight knight'??

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: haranguerer on December 13, 2011, 01:00:30 PM

I'm assuming that it's just about indicative of the standard of 3rd level education nowadays. Gerry Armstrong was on the news tonight, at Corpus Christi, with a poster on the wall behind him that clearly mentioned "career's", so obviously it comes initially from poor secondary education!

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 13, 2011, 08:03:16 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on December 13, 2011, 01:00:30 PM

I'm assuming that it's just about indicative of the standard of 3rd level education nowadays. Gerry Armstrong was on the news tonight, at Corpus Christi, with a poster on the wall behind him that clearly mentioned "career's", so obviously it comes initially from poor secondary education!

I know, imagine teaching kids nowadays that there are actually careers to be had in this economy! ;)

playwiththewind1st

Well - if you can get a few 'A' levels & can kick a football, you can certainly make a "career" for yourself at the Poly! Time enough to think about a job when you have 10-12 Sigerson campaigns under your belt.

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 14, 2011, 08:45:55 PM
Well - if you can get a few 'A' levels & can kick a football, you can certainly make a "career" for yourself at the Poly! Time enough to think about a job when you have 10-12 Sigerson campaigns under your belt.

Oh i say!! Chip on the shoulder me thinks. We had many fine courses at "The Poly", BA Hons in beating QUB regularly, Bsc in not wearing the British crown on our jerseys, HND in not talking rocking horses. ;D

pebble-dasher

There may be a twist to the rasharkin suspension.  Thought it would happen and think its the correct outcome.

Rasharkin Gael

Sharkin back in leagues and championships but have to play games away from home following Ulster Council appeal.

imtommygunn

All individual suspensions as they were?

Rasharkin Gael

Yep, club were not appealing any individual bans, haven't heard if any of those fellas have lodged an appeal to uc.

imtommygunn

I suppose that is fairly reasonable. It did seem extremely harsh penalising everyone for the actions of those boys.

Enough

f**king joke if you ask me when the club wont defend people that where wrongly banned just so they can have their wee possy running round with their heads up their hole for another year

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 19, 2011, 07:47:42 PM
I suppose that is fairly reasonable. It did seem extremely harsh penalising everyone for the actions of those boys.

Best outcome the club could have hoped for, tough enough playing away from home for a season  but better than no games at all.