Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Mustard

I think it's pretty awful value. The 15/8 on St Brigids is slightly tempting me. I do think St Johns will sneak it, but certainly wouldn't trust them at 1/2.

St Johns v St Brigids - Johnnies by 2
Moneyglass v St Galls - Galls by 9
Cargin v Lamh Dearg - Cargin by 7
Creggan v Ahoghill - Ahoghill by 2

Milltown Row2

You think Cargin will beat Lamhs by that much? I think they will give Cargin a great game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Pat Mustard

Aye, I just think Cargin are too cute for them. It might be a year or two too early for Lamhs to challenge. Cargin looked impressive v Rasharkin, they move the ball very fast. Anyone else fancy predictions?

imtommygunn

Moneyglass v St Galls - Galls by 7
Cargin v Lamh Dearg - Cargin by 4
Creggan v Ahoghill - Creggan by 4

Mostly pretty predictable these games unfortunately.

If Cargin are to be challenging Galls they need to be winning easy but I don't think they will.

Wouldn't have though Ahoghill would be challenging Creggan though I suppose you never know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2011, 03:42:04 PM
Moneyglass v St Galls - Galls by 7
Cargin v Lamh Dearg - Cargin by 4
Creggan v Ahoghill - Creggan by 4

Mostly pretty predictable these games unfortunately.

If Cargin are to be challenging Galls they need to be winning easy but I don't think they will.

Wouldn't have though Ahoghill would be challenging Creggan though I suppose you never know.

On the Cargin,St Johns and Creggan predictions, 20 quid will get a return of £60

But I think a draw in the Creggan game is the bet for me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Pat Mustard

Decent shout, tonight could well be a draw as well I reckon.

Milltown Row2

Any score form the Johnnies game?

jeremiah

St Brigids by 2 with 5 mins to go

Milltown Row2

Big shock then, should we win on Sunday then its St Brigids. be a decent game

jeremiah

imtommygunn

That's probably st brigids biggest ever result.(While they have been in the semis before not sure they have beat any of the "big guns"...)

Milltown Row2

0-9 to 0-8!!

Seriously low scoring game!! St Johns back to the drawing board, again

Joxer_man

Big shock tonight in sfc, disappointed as feel Johnnies are th only team that can really put it up to st galls!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Joxer_man on August 19, 2011, 11:45:01 PM
Big shock tonight in sfc, disappointed as feel Johnnies are th only team that can really put it up to st galls!

Are people really fed up with St Galls winning the Championship?

St Johns will be very disappointed i hope they weren't fixed on playing us before we'd played our game and they won theirs!!!

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2011, 09:45:45 AM
Quote from: Joxer_man on August 19, 2011, 11:45:01 PM
I would love to know why because they were clean shite last night. They haven't a forward worth 2d. Put it up to St. Galls, my hole.

True. They are shite, clean shite. Bam is the only half a forward they have and even with that i'm not sure.

They held the ball too long before releasing it into their forwards but then again they had no forwards to hit. They're a big physical team around the middle who may count on a wee pitch but not  in Casement. In saying that alot of their players are only wee boys, not senior footballers.

Brigids were a lot more composed with better footballers around the middle and really should have won the game by alot more only for poor shooting and a poor ref.  Brigids were relying on a few individuals up front to score and would need to address that immedietely to come with 10/15 points of St Galls.

9-8--game didnt bode well for Antrim Football -i'm sure the Baker wasnt too excited about it.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."