Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

Does anyone know how the county board meeting went the other night? Are we going ahead with the format? I do not see any communications on our excellent up to date website.

supersub

Going ahead as far as I know. If you could do a better job you should give them a hand!

downjim

Thanks supersub, and as always your excellent positive tone. I bet you are great craic in a bar. ;)

supersub

You are some boy to be talking about a positive tone for all that. Haven't been in one since Mid March so can't really remember  :)

yewtree

Quote from: downjim on June 15, 2020, 10:29:42 AM
To be honest, compiling that fixture list would not be easy and it looks clear and transparent.
Down Gaa used to be a shambles at leagues, draws, cups etc but in the past numbers of years  it seems very professional.
Although we all want to win a championship or league title, we should all enjoy the few games we will have this year and chance of meet old friends and foes.
I for one wont be complaining about a long trip to the far end of the county on a Friday evening with a coffee and sandwich from a Petrol station.

Supersub Downjim and a positive tone don't go together.You see his post above - who is he trying to impress with that one !

So regulations are still in place here but why oh why are teams out training ?
Club committees or County Boards need to take action on this , no concern for the welfare of society and above the law .Well I hope to see Club Committes and County Boards suspend these people from our association. It is reckless and showing disregard to society and sending a very bad example to those young lads summoned to training.Covid19 is a serious issue , a life and death issue and we all must follow the guidelines and those that don't should be punished.
Sporting Organizations are meant to lead so it will be interesting to see how our local coaches and managers are dealt with on this one.
The GAA in Down now have been set a test , are they going to punish these coaches and managers ? The GAA can not speak about caring for society and doing their best if they tolerate this.
I know many friends who are frontline workers and are disgusted.
If hairdressers and other professions have to keep the rules surely The GAA can also.

And punish those managers and coaches who decide to call training during a pandemic and against the law.

Downtothewire

Quote from: yewtree on June 20, 2020, 10:37:06 PM
To be honest, compiling that fixture list would not be easy and it looks clear and transparent.
Down Gaa used to be a shambles at leagues, draws, cups etc but in the past numbers of years  it seems very professional.
Although we all want to win a championship or league title, we should all enjoy the few games we will have this year and chance of meet old friends and foes.
I for one wont be complaining about a long trip to the far end of the county on a Friday evening with a coffee and sandwich from a Petrol station.

Supersub Downjim and a positive tone don't go together.You see his post above - who is he trying to impress with that one !

Club committees or County Boards need to take action on this , no concern for the welfare of society and above the law .Well I hope to see Club Committes and County Boards suspend these people from our association. It is reckless and showing disregard to society and sending a very bad example to those young lads summoned to training.Covid19 is a serious issue , a life and death issue and we all must follow the guidelines and those that don't should be punished.
Sporting Organizations are meant to lead so it will be interesting to see how our local coaches and managers are dealt with on this one.
The GAA in Down now have been set a test , are they going to punish these coaches and managers ? The GAA can not speak about caring for society and doing their best if they tolerate this.
If hairdressers and other professions have to keep the rules surely The GAA can also.

And punish those managers and coaches who decide to call training during a pandemic and against the law.

Might have to suspend themselves

wobbller

Quote from: Downtothewire on June 20, 2020, 10:44:30 PM
Quote from: yewtree on June 20, 2020, 10:37:06 PM

Might have to suspend themselves
Correct in that as I believe our County Senior Footballers were out training yesterday.

Centre 3/4

Sounds like as per usual you have absolutely no idea what you're rambling on about yewtree

snoopdog

Can you share these photos and videos that are circulating??

wobbller

Yes Spewtree,spew the beans

Mourne Red

Pis-up and brewery come too mind waiting on this Championship draw 

Smurfy123

Tough draw for us
What a mess they made of that
Posting out the draw before the video went online
Jesus what was that about

OgraAnDun

County board couldn't have organised a better first round draw if they tried

SamFever