The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Nordies are well into self flagellation, religiously watch the LLS in order to be offended by the soapy standard of the fare offered, sponsored by the republic's citizens and without fail take the time to record their disgust on social media. Just stop watching the fcking LLS.

Shamrock Shore

It plumbed new depths the other night.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on December 15, 2019, 12:25:09 AM
Nordies are well into self flagellation, religiously watch the LLS in order to be offended by the soapy standard of the fare offered, sponsored by the republic's citizens and without fail take the time to record their disgust on social media. Just stop watching the fcking LLS.

It's called having an opinion. Nobody said they were offended.

marty34

Never mind not being allowed to enter the competitions #26only

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: BennyCake on December 15, 2019, 11:09:19 AM

It's called having an opinion. Nobody said they were offended.

Takes a special kind of stupid to turn thon Late Late debacle into a North South thang so well done on that MS

Itchy

Quote from: ONeill on December 14, 2019, 11:04:33 AM
McGowan and Begley was the most surreal moment on TV this decade. A fitting tribute to Gay Byrne.

McGowan telling her she was an auld slut on junk was greatest thing ever put on tv.

Itchy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 15, 2019, 10:31:33 AM

Buy yourself a Brendan Grace DVD for Christmas lad

Itchy

Quote from: BennyCake on December 14, 2019, 07:02:54 PM
Tubridy stupidly brings up the 'lousy f**got' lyric, and Shane rightly tells him to f**k off.

In fairness, it's in the news so he had to. Got a nice short response to it lol

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: hardstation on December 15, 2019, 08:25:35 PM
Did they play a Mirinda advert? I dare say it doesn't get lower than that.

I fail to see the relevance of a stupid ad from 1971 done to get a few bob to buy equipment to what was on tv last Fri night.

A desperately unfunny Pat Short
An even unfunnier Jason Byrne
A fake pub scene with an obviously drink - damaged Shane McGowan in situ.
Philomena Begley butchering Fairytale.

It was badly thought out and badly presented in my opinion.

Denn Forever

But he looks so happy they didn't cancel.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 16, 2019, 10:40:16 AM

I fail to see the relevance of a stupid ad from 1971 done to get a few bob to buy equipment to what was on tv last Fri night.

Shane sometimes takes a while to get his answers out, but Tubridy never let him say anything beyond one sentence. Always skipping onto someone else, when the man in question was right beside him, and could talk for himself.

It was nearly like being at a wake, but the person is still alive. Was a strange night.

I've read a book of interviews with Shane, and he's a highly intelligent and articulate man. It had some great stories a brilliant read, but we got very little of that on the LLS.

tbrick18

I have to say, I just cannot abide Tubridy.
The LLS is all about him, it doesn't matter who he "interviews". I haven't watched it now in years he annoys me that much.
I think on the Toy Show even, he's too condescending to the kids.

trailer

McGowan and Begley was the most surreal moment on TV this decade. A fitting tribute to Gay Byrne.

Incredibly Philomena Begley has that big of a notion of herself she didn't either; a) think to learn the words or b) tell the producers she didn't know them. Shocking arrogance. I always heard she was a bit of a... but this confirms it.

Time this show was confined to the bin.

WT4E

Quote from: BennyCake on December 16, 2019, 01:56:30 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 16, 2019, 10:40:16 AM

Shane sometimes takes a while to get his answers out, but Tubridy never let him say anything beyond one sentence. Always skipping onto someone else, when the man in question was right beside him, and could talk for himself.

It was nearly like being at a wake, but the person is still alive. Was a strange night.

I've read a book of interviews with Shane, and he's a highly intelligent and articulate man. It had some great stories a brilliant read, but we got very little of that on the LLS.

What was the book - wouldnt mind a read at that myself.

Agreed with everyone else who said Tubridy is a p***k - Would love a change to the presenter

WT4E

Quote from: trailer on December 17, 2019, 01:19:07 PM

Incredibly Philomena Begley has that big of a notion of herself she didn't either; a) think to learn the words or b) tell the producers she didn't know them. Shocking arrogance. I always heard she was a bit of a... but this confirms it.

Time this show was confined to the bin.

Youd often meet Philomena about home and she wouldnt give you this impression - she seems to down to earth enough.

Although when asked on to sing fairytale of New York you'd think she'd have made sure she learned the words UNLESS they sprung this on her at the show as they hadn't planned it!

IT WAS AWFUL!