Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 03, 2024, 12:02:17 PMIs there promotion from Div 2,3 & 4 this year I take it ?

Yes

Wednesday night 6pm throw in Div 2 games. Never seen the likes of it. All fairly close distance wise but still! Madness!

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: NorthAntrim on April 08, 2024, 02:31:16 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 03, 2024, 12:02:17 PMIs there promotion from Div 2,3 & 4 this year I take it ?

Yes

Wednesday night 6pm throw in Div 2 games. Never seen the likes of it. All fairly close distance wise but still! Madness!

It's not close for any lads living and working in Belfast and still playing for their clubs out in the country.

JonnyD_

a brutal weekend weather wise for our hurlers. some gale blowing on Sunday in the glens and Belfast was a wash out from 2-4pm.
tight result in cushendall - anyone at the game? and Belfast St johns v Rossa looked like a low enough scoring game. all teams still without the county lads. Ballycastle and Loughgiele both with big wins.

Div 2 also fairly low scoring games. Brutal weather i imagine making these games sloppy etc...

Milltown Row2

Dunloy and Ballycran were smart! The game was moved an hour earlier and missed the rain altogether
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JonnyD_

must have barra best on their committee

Saffrongael

New look Antrim team, from the league anyway, he interesting to see how the fellas that didn't play any league get on
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 19, 2024, 12:23:15 PMNew look Antrim team, from the league anyway, he interesting to see how the fellas that didn't play any league get on
Question asked and answered.

Milltown Row2

Big hammering, thought, regardless of how we lined out that Kilkenny were going to go to town with us and whoever else comes their way..

Will be some soul searching on the way home after that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Not sure the logic in playing Bradley who hasn't played all year due to injury & Bohill to a lesser extent.

JonnyD_

I can't remember a beating as bad as that in a long time. conceding 5-30! only scoring 0-13!! We've great talent in the county - this isn't on the players in my opinion.

team selection is very questionable in that lads who hadn't been involved in any of the S&C from pre-Christmas, hadn't played a part in the league campaign and weren't about the set up until a week or three ago were automatic starters and boys just back from injury were straight in. Smacked of desperation on the management's part.

I really can't see any other Div 1, Leinster C'ship team doing this! its possibly our biggest low in county hurling in the last 6/7 years!

NAG1

Quote from: JonnyD_ on April 22, 2024, 10:09:09 AMI can't remember a beating as bad as that in a long time. conceding 5-30! only scoring 0-13!! We've great talent in the county - this isn't on the players in my opinion.

team selection is very questionable in that lads who hadn't been involved in any of the S&C from pre-Christmas, hadn't played a part in the league campaign and weren't about the set up until a week or three ago were automatic starters and boys just back from injury were straight in. Smacked of desperation on the management's part.

I really can't see any other Div 1, Leinster C'ship team doing this! its possibly our biggest low in county hurling in the last 6/7 years!

Not hard to spot the agenda here  ::)

This result been on the cards all year and probably won't be the last before the season is done.

imtommygunn

north_antrim_hound

I was down yesterday, what a one sided miss match. Biggest disappointment was the work etihic as some players just didn't seem interest. Paddy Burke and Eoin Campbell were the only two even close to the standard. Some good players looked beat before we started.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Saffrongael

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 22, 2024, 11:24:01 AMI was down yesterday, what a one sided miss match. Biggest disappointment was the work etihic as some players just didn't seem interest. Paddy Burke and Eoin Campbell were the only two even close to the standard. Some good players looked beat before we started.

Gleeson said as much, the players gave up very early on. By all accounts this is Gleesons last year and it seems to be fizzling out
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

He has done a great job and I would worry what will happen when he leaves.