Name your three favourite songs by... [Queen]

Started by AustinPowers, November 30, 2023, 06:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on January 20, 2024, 12:29:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 20, 2024, 11:02:33 AMREM don't deserve this thread.

Anodyne, dull, instantly forgettable. Remove their entire catalogue from the annals of music and nothing changes.
Anyone that was at Slane in 95 to see REM knows how good they were, one of the best gigs inwas ever at. Everybody hurts was amazing. With campfires lit at the back. Long beofre mobile phones. I've seen them a few times. Great band with great songs.
Supported that day by Oasis.

weareros

Quote from: Niall Quinn on January 20, 2024, 04:57:35 AMSitting still was a great workout song
Wendell Gee
Find the River with its very confusing father son dialogue

I'd have Wendell Gee too. First REM song I heard when Dave Fanning played it in 1985, saw them support U2 in Croker that year, too.

Stand
Wendell Gee
Losing My Religion

JoG2

Quote from: thewobbler on January 20, 2024, 11:02:33 AMREM don't deserve this thread.

Anodyne, dull, instantly forgettable. Remove their entire catalogue from the annals of music and nothing changes.

Your opinion of course, which is balls of course!  ;D a great band who done it on their own terms

Ronnie

Quote from: snoopdog on January 20, 2024, 12:30:09 PM

Anyone that was at Slane in 95 to see REM knows how good they were, one of the best gigs inwas ever at. Everybody hurts was amazing. With campfires lit at the back. Long beofre mobile phones. I've seen them a few times. Great band with great songs.

Ronnie

Quote from: Ronnie on January 20, 2024, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on January 20, 2024, 12:30:09 PM

I was at this gig too.  Legendary

Puckoon

Orange Crush
Nightswimming
The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight

Honorable:
All the Way to Reno.

trailer

Can I +1 this twice.
Monotone. Boring.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on January 24, 2024, 12:51:37 PM

Can I +1 this twice.
Monotone. Boring.

Can I +1 this thrice?

Boring boring band

JoG2

Philomena could be up next to accommodate youse

Puckoon

Quote from: trailer on January 24, 2024, 12:51:37 PM

Can I +1 this twice.
Monotone. Boring.

They kickstarted an entire generation of Alternative Rock. It could be argued they were the biggest band in the world for most of a decade in the radio chart era, had the biggest record contract (at the time), could sell out any stadium (and frequently did), wrote some absolute bangers. Nirvana burned bright and burned out. Pixies, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, maybe all more enjoyable listens with bigger block buster albums - but none of them (maybe PJ with their longevity) were as big as REM in their prime - in the Alternative space. It took Oasis to over take them (this is my opinion).

maddog

Saw them in the NEC Birmingham around 20 years ago. Never saw a band and particularly Stype be as disinterested and just go through the motions. Quite liked them at the time but find them dull enough now looking back.

quit yo jibbajabba

Nightswimming
Man on the Moon
Shiny happy people
Sidewinder

Yeah I put 4. Fight me 😜

Rufus T Firefly

Puckoon

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 25, 2024, 09:02:50 AMNightswimming
Man on the Moon
Shiny happy people
Sidewinder