Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Martin took the money and ran. But Keane is a bollix.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on November 02, 2013, 10:15:15 PM
When in england I take mike rutherfords advice "swear allegiance to the flag what ever flag they offer"

Mayo says NO.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 02, 2013, 10:16:38 PM
When in england I take mike rutherfords advice "swear allegiance to the flag what ever flag they offer"

Mayo says NO.
Dont byte the hand that feeds you :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

BennyCake

Great column in today's Irish News from Patrick Murphy regarding the poppy. Well worth a read.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on November 02, 2013, 10:28:28 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 02, 2013, 10:16:38 PM

Mayo says NO.
Dont byte the hand that feeds you :D

I contribute far more than I take over here. They need my skills set.

T Fearon

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

stew

I don't see how this will work, Keane will eventually drive a wedge between himself and the players and him and the manager, he cannot help himself, I hope I am wrong but somewhere down the line this will become about Roy.

O'Neill has made a mistake here I think, I hope I am wrong but for me Roy will have a hard time in the number two seat, just my two cents worth.

I hope O'Neill is strong enough to handle him, I doubt it, I also hope I am wrong.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

I think Northern Catholics should all each wear two Poppies.

A few years of that would sort it out.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2013, 06:30:29 PM
I think Northern Catholics should all each wear two Poppies.

A few years of that would sort it out.

Yeah that'd do it!  ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SHEEDY

while watching x-factor (I know, I know) my 8year old daughter asks 'are they all protestants?'. I ask 'why?'. she says 'cos they are all wearing poppys and that means they're protestant'. what do you say to that? :o
nil satis nisi optimum

Applesisapples

Whatever your views on the British Army and it's involvement with Ireland, you need to understand how ordinary British People feel about it...I'm not including NI Unionists here. Even in Scotland where they hate the English they have a proud connection with the Scottish Regiments. If as Irish people we are to move on we need to accept this. It is pathetic to hear people pontificate about the wearing of poppies on British TV if you don't like it then watch RTE. It is exactly that British TV. Different story with the local stations that needs to be about freedom of choice given divided loyalties.