Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Wasn't hitting at EG.
Just the whole hypocrisy of the USNATO bleating on about human rights yet millions of women are treated as not really human by loads of their non democtatic friends.
Not to mention Israel being allowed to run a rogue apartheid State whom nobody is allowed to criticise.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

HiMucker

Quote from: Rossfan on December 21, 2011, 11:00:48 AM
Wasn't hitting at EG.
Just the whole hypocrisy of the USNATO bleating on about human rights yet millions of women are treated as not really human by loads of their non democtatic friends.
Not to mention Israel being allowed to run a rogue apartheid State whom nobody is allowed to criticise.
That would be my thoughts on it as well.

saffron sam2

Getting back on topic.

Saw my first poppy of the year on Friday 16th December 2011. It was being sported by a security guard at Aldergrove Airport.

Is this a record?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

deiseach

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 21, 2011, 11:26:35 AM
Getting back on topic.

Saw my first poppy of the year on Friday 16th December 2011. It was being sported by a security guard at Aldergrove Airport.

Is this a record?

He's probably wearing it in anticipation of Remembrance Day 2013

dillinger

Getting back on topic.

Is this a record?

No! Woman in Matlins in Newtownards wearing one, Wednesday 21st Dec. Not one of the pin badges you can forget about but a full poppy. :)

AQMP

Getting back on topic.

Is this a record?

Are we counting those car window stickers?

saffron sam2

Quote from: AQMP on December 22, 2011, 10:09:57 AM
Getting back on topic.

Is this a record?

Are we counting those car window stickers?

No, must be on the wearer's lapel or similar in the absence of a lapel.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Applesisapples

Personally I think they should be essential equipment for all citizens to wear all year round in support of our boys.

seafoid

Our boys tend to be ignored when they become disabled

http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatosveterans.html

It's very shameful when you think about all the crap about serving the nation.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Lots of Liverpool black-cabs have them displayed on their grill all year round. I appreciated the gesture as it allows me to know which black-cabs will never get my business no matter how cold or wet I may be.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

dillinger

[]

No! Woman in Matlins in Newtownards wearing one, Wednesday 21st Dec. Not one of the pin badges you can forget about but a full poppy. :)
[/quote]
Hmm. The 16th of December is before the 21st of December.
[/quote]

See what you mean there but the 16th and the one i seen  must be left overs, so will be hard to beat as the last one of the year.

Ulick

Here we go again. Spotted this on Twitter earlier - a full 50 days before the day itself. The man doing the waffling is Douglas Bain, former Chief Election Officer, quango whore, currently of the Parades Commission, Association of Electoral Administrators, National Security Certificates Appeals Tribunal and Assembly Standards Commissioner.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

dillinger

Quote from: ziggysego on September 21, 2012, 05:07:05 PM
All I see is a red x

I can see it, maybe it's just a photo from, say last year.
Or is it a recent photo?

Applesisapples

Fcuk not that time already!