Jack O'Connor

Started by mayoaremagic, March 29, 2017, 07:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoaremagic

Up there with Micko as the greatest Kerry manager delivering another Munster title tonight.  Kerry will beat galway handy enough in a couple weeks in AI semi final. Barry o'Sullivan, Jordan Kiely and Micheal Burns great subs to bring on. Jack O'Connor will have 3 minor and 1 u21 title when takover from Fitzy next season.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayoaremagic on March 29, 2017, 07:52:41 PM
Up there with Micko as the greatest Kerry manager delivering another Munster title tonight.  Kerry will beat galway handy enough in a couple weeks in AI semi final. Barry o'Sullivan, Jordan Kiely and Micheal Burns great subs to bring on. Jack O'Connor will have 3 minor and 1 u21 title when takover from Fitzy next season.

The blip on Jack O'Connors CV is that he could not win an AI final unless he was playing Cork or Mayo!

Ball Hopper

Level with Mickey Harte with 3 titles each.

Something tells me neither man is done winning.

joemamas

Quote from: mayoaremagic on March 29, 2017, 07:52:41 PM

Please please go back to Hogan Stand

5 Sams

Scary talent down there...
The Aristocrat Years

southtyronegael

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 29, 2017, 10:45:38 PM

harte has 1 minor 2 u21 and 3 senior all irelands. the last of them 9 years ago. hes yesterdays man.

ballinaman

If he was made of chocolate he'd eat himself

moysider

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 29, 2017, 10:54:58 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 29, 2017, 10:45:38 PM

harte has 1 minor 2 u21 and 3 senior all irelands. the last of them 9 years ago. hes yesterdays man.

Hmmm. Maybe players have something to do with it as well. Tyrone have a good team now but also had good teams in 80s and 90s that didn't win Senior AIs. The team and players that did win in the noughties was a great team. A golden age team. Nobody can just create a team like that. Mickey Harte can't and neither can Jack O Connor or anybody else.

orangeman

Kerry have an awesome side this year.

You could gather men off the street to win with that team no disrespect to Jack who is a great manager.

southtyronegael

i have great respect for jack o connor. won 2 senior all irelands but didnt think himself too big a man to go back and manage the minors. this is a man who puts his county first, the best of luck to him.

ashman

Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2017, 11:26:09 PM

You could gather men off the street to win with that team no disrespect to Jack who is a great manager.

A Kerry lad I know who wouldn't be a lover of Jack reckoned that he knew this crew were good when Jack sought the job of managing Kerry minors in 2013.

moysider

Quote from: ashman on March 29, 2017, 11:38:21 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 29, 2017, 11:26:09 PM

A Kerry lad I know who wouldn't be a lover of Jack reckoned that he knew this crew were good when Jack sought the job of managing Kerry minors in 2013.

That might not be exactly an endorsement of Jack and his motives. Reminds me of Johnno who would only look at ateam if he thought they were worth the bother and win something.

Dinny Breen

Ah here, Jack O'Connor is a fantastic manager. 3 Vocational Schools All-Irelands, a Hogan Cup (the first for his school), 2 minor All-Irelands, 3 Seniors and probably an u21 this year. Some man to hand pick jobs if that was the case...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 30, 2017, 12:27:31 PM
Ah here, Jack O'Connor is a fantastic manager. 3 Vocational Schools All-Irelands, a Hogan Cup (the first for his school), 2 minor All-Irelands, 3 Seniors and probably an u21 this year. Some man to hand pick jobs if that was the case...

He made his name with Colaiste na Sceilge alright, but there is some truth to the idea that he picks his moment. He certainly did it with those minors.

blanketattack

2nd minor All-Ireland was essentially a new team. Just 1 or 2 from 2014. 2016 was similar with a new manager to boot.